Honored Contributor

Re: Why won’t QVC honor the 90 day extended return policy in effect for purchases made through May 3

@Yesme   You are absolutely correct.  QVC desperately needs an effective Director of Communications.  I've never seen that mentioned when they tout their organizational chart.  Everything with the CEO is a big secret, even when a little explanation would go a long way in improving customer relations.  I bet it's the same with vendors.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why won’t QVC honor the 90 day extended return policy in effect for purchases made through May 3

I scratch my head....why do you people keep ordering?  You know there's a 50-50 chance you'll have to - or want to - return something.  Complaints about slow delivery to you - and complaints about returning are constant on here.

If there was a boycott - no more buying any thing for a month.....Q's Ivory Tower might get the message.

Respected Contributor

So what has happened next? Do they send it back again and hope they get a different clerk who knows what they're doing?  Or just give up and keep the items?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

I scratch my head....why do you people keep ordering?  You know there's a 50-50 chance you'll have to - or want to - return something.  Complaints about slow delivery to you - and complaints about returning are constant on here.

If there was a boycott - no more buying any thing for a month.....Q's Ivory Tower might get the message.

Good point.  I have not purchased anything from QVC in 3 months.  The longer it goes the more likely I am to never buy again. 

The other night I was tempted but instead searched other places and got the same product from Amazon. 

I find it hard to believe that QVC has suffered any financial loss since online shopping has increased so much in the last few months.

Frequent Contributor

@santorini wrote:

So what has happened next? Do they send it back again and hope they get a different clerk who knows what they're doing?  Or just give up and keep the items?

There is also "The Office of the President".  They are the Senior-most of the CSR's, and trust me, they CAN help.  They have their own phone lines, so when you go to them you will continue to speak to them (unless you don't want to) until the problem is rectified.

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Because they're shady. Finally received all the packages I was waiting for and now the only business I have with QVC are getting ez pays cleared up. I wont be ordering anymore and once the ez pays are taken care of my relationship with QVC is over. I dont even watch anymore.
Respected Contributor

Where is the leadership?  In a well-run business, at the first hint of errors like this happening, someone in charge should have sent an email to EVERY person who worked in the returns section to address the problem and to remind them of the dates that the 90-day return was in effect.  There is no excuse for things like this to happen.

Super Contributor

@Yesme WOW had no idea this has been happening with the 90 day return policy, items actually being SENT back to customers, are you kidding me?! That's just WRONG. And FALSE advertising. If that's really going on, I may be done with the Q very soon. I have something I need to return and was trying to avoid the 90 degree heat to run to our post office figuring I will have until August with this item - not happy. Wow way to go QVC! How do they think this will help their low sales and make long time customers want to stay?
Contributor

I agree.

At least 10 people in customer service know about the fiasco, since I've had that many contact points!  Unfortunately, they continue to reject returns even after *highly specific* notes they claim went to the finance department for review, after documented online chats, AND after the oh-so-special social media contacts.

Same pattern:  Problem is stated, they request order and item numbers, they receive the numbers, then they don't entirely fix it and they drop the customer contact.  Repeated requests follow the same frustrating pattern.  

If anyone gets them to admit that the extended return policy ever existed, PLEASE LET US KNOW!  

Honored Contributor

@Yesme wrote:

The only reason I can see is that they are so cash-strapped, they choose not to abide by former business principles.  QVC is operating in defiance of basic consumer laws. 

@Yesme - From the information I had, the extended 90-day return window was from the date you received the item, so without knowing when that was, no one on here would know the answer.

It didn't mean that you had 90 days from May 31st.  And, of course, that extended return policy was recently ended.