Super Contributor

Why was my order put on back order when yesterday it was in stock?

I was watching Isaac yesterday and on one of the tops they were showing, I had already owed the top and wanted another one, so I placed my order - no problem. And now today, in looking at my account - order status. It's now on backorder?  What??  I would really like to know why this happens?  Has this happened to you?  Thanks....

Valued Contributor

Re: Why was my order put on back order when yesterday it was in stock?

Many times.

Respected Contributor

@Sunniegirl wrote:

I was watching Isaac yesterday and on one of the tops they were showing, I had already owed the top and wanted another one, so I placed my order - no problem. And now today, in looking at my account - order status. It's now on backorder?  What??  I would really like to know why this happens?  Has this happened to you?  Thanks...

oversell

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Your item is probably in transit but has not yet arrived in the warehouse. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I guess.....  but flustrating...   thanks..

Honored Contributor

Not quite the same thing, but I have two orders for "As Is" items that were placed on May 30th.

It's been quite amusing to watch them go from "in process", "backorder", "in process", backorder"...over and over again.  I figure they must be searching the warehouse high and low for my items.

Right now they say "in process" and are supposed to be delivered by Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath.  If they don't ship within a week and go to backorder again, I'll just cancel.

QVC Customer Care

@Sunniegirl wrote:

I was watching Isaac yesterday and on one of the tops they were showing, I had already owed the top and wanted another one, so I placed my order - no problem. And now today, in looking at my account - order status. It's now on backorder?  What??  I would really like to know why this happens?  Has this happened to you?  Thanks....

Hi @Sunniegirl thank you for posting in our Community Customer Care forum. I have reviewed your account and all orders have shipped or are processing to ship, the order must have been temporarily in the backorder status. I am very sorry that it caused concern, thank you for shopping with us. Kim

Contributor

So in other words you have to post a complaint on the forum in order to get a proper answer as to why there are so many problems and issues with shipping and handling and ordering at QVC.
Contributor

It happened to me two days in a row. I can't wait for someone to return something! I called CS & they had no answer but cancelled the order. Now I have some orders in process for over a week. Not a new item. It just isn't shipping. I am trying to be patient but it's frustrating. If I could find the same item elsewhere I would!