Honored Contributor

Why so much problem with QVC and shipping and orders?

All I read about are PROBLEMS WITH QVC getting orders right...shipping orders timely...

so many other companies do a great job. I do huge orders from Amazon,  Vitacost and chewy....they are packed perfect...shipped out FAST...WITH FREE SHIPPING....never a mistake. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why so much problem with QVC and shipping and orders?

@SeaMaiden   Pardon me, but I've had many Amazon mistakes.  They are famous for shipping heavy items unprotected with fragile items.  I've experience this several times.  Ask@Spurt  about her lightbulb order.

The only thing you hear about QVC orders is complaints.  The millions of orders that ship flawlessly are rarely mentioned.  My only complaint is that *#@*% shipping partner that is so inefficient they hold up orders for days then list facetious excuses.

You are just fortunate to live in the Seattle area so you just see the best and speediest of Anazon.  I see something else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden @Kachina624 

Yep, as Kachina said Ive had bad service from Amazon.....

I ordered a large pack of 3 way incandescent light bulbs, searched all over locally and couldnt find them anywhere, and the lamp doesnt take LED. The guy from Amazon didnt want to walk up 4 steps to my front door so he threw the package against the door, and I heard a loud BANG at my door, opened it and I picked up the box and glass from the broken bulbs landed on my door mat.  I called Amazon for a replacement and to add insult to injury they wanted me to wait 2 weeks for the replacement, (plenty in stock according to their website-it was sold by Amazon) I said NO DEAL and accepted a 2 day delivery.  I asked about having to return the broken bulbs, the CS Rep oh thats a thought, no Ill make a note, she didnt and I got an email 2 days later saying if I didnt return the broken bulbs (which I had already thrown away) I would be charged for the order...so I had to call them again and they agreed returning broken bulbs was not safe and she sent me an email to confirm.   

I also ordered a vase which arrived cracked....

They dont mark any items FRAGILE! 

I also had a bait switch from one of Amazons vendors they advertised and described a named brand ladies leg shaver,  along with a photo and the named brand was mentioned in their description, but they sent me cheap knock off that looked like it came from the dollar store......I had to fight tooth and nail to get a refund and my negative review was also deleted.....

Ive had much better service from Ebay and Etsy!

And Im stuck with Amazon--for Prime Video- Im an NFL fan and Bezos bought the rights to NFL Thursday Night Football and there's no other broadcast...IM TRAPPED!😖

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I haven't had any major issues with my orders.  

Honored Contributor

Processing times at QVC are hit or miss.  Long vs around 3 days.  

Shipping delays sometimes caused by a third-party shipper...Newgistics (owned by Pitney Bowes), that has held my packages at their facilities up to 10 days and leave questionable notifications or none at all until later. 

Often they make it look like UPS is causing the delay or they delivered it to USPS and it's just lying around in our post offices.  It wasn't delivered at all.

However, all other retailers I have been shopping have gotten my orders processed in 2-3 days.  Interestingly, shipping is faster than QVC, but they don't use a third party shipper or USPS.  It's direct to my house via UPS or Fedex. 

I only occasionally shop at Amazon and not a Prime member, so when I do, it may take up to 7 days to receive it. 

Walmart is same day or next day most of the time, but I'm a Walmart Plus member.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    You are so right about Newgistics.  I get so angry with them, I'd strangle them if I could get my hands on them.  All they do over and over is scan the same packages.  Only after days do they actually put them on a truck and move them.  I'm waiting for one now that they've played with for over a week.  Grrrrrrrrrr.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Lots of companiesa are doing just fine -- unil one of your orders goes wrong.  I wouldn't have the slightest idea that QVC has problrems if I didn't read these boards.   Haven't had an order miss it's estimated date yet nor have to make a return because of aQ error.  I did have to return a Breezies bra because I ignored their sizing recommendations - turned out I was the one who made that error.  

By the way, it's my own theory that it's because of the nature of the Forum that we know about the QVC problems.  Imagine if other companies ran general forums where we'd see all the bad reviews in one list the way we do here.  Now if I am searching a product elsewhere, I see reviews and problems only for that product - not for zll the different products they sell.  Huge difference.

Honored Contributor

no major issues with my orders.

i am getting most of my items promptly.

everything is packaged well.

i also like their new qvc easy returns policy.

no complaints from me and if there is ever an issue, the social team handles it promptly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Processing times at QVC are hit or miss.  Long vs around 3 days.  

Shipping delays sometimes caused by a third-party shipper...Newgistics (owned by Pitney Bowes), that has held my packages at their facilities up to 10 days and leave questionable notifications or none at all until later. 

Often they make it look like UPS is causing the delay or they delivered it to USPS and it's just lying around in our post offices.  It wasn't delivered at all.

However, all other retailers I have been shopping have gotten my orders processed in 2-3 days.  Interestingly, shipping is faster than QVC, but they don't use a third party shipper or USPS.  It's direct to my house via UPS or Fedex. 

I only occasionally shop at Amazon and not a Prime member, so when I do, it may take up to 7 days to receive it. 

Walmart is same day or next day most of the time, but I'm a Walmart Plus member.  

@Foxxee 

Ive had problems with UPS they stopped bringing my packages to my door even when I paid extra for PremiumDelivery and indicated that option in UPS Premium Plus, they dump it at our Mail Center and with their hours its difficult to pick up packages...But UPS doesnt care anymore, they used to have SPECTACULAR SERVICE!! And even when you pay extra theres also been delivery delays... I dont know what happened...and this occurred BEFORE the pandemic, its their new UPS drivers JMHO!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Lots of companiesa are doing just fine -- unil one of your orders goes wrong.  I wouldn't have the slightest idea that QVC has problrems if I didn't read these boards.   Haven't had an order miss it's estimated date yet nor have to make a return because of aQ error.  I did have to return a Breezies bra because I ignored their sizing recommendations - turned out I was the one who made that error.  

By the way, it's my own theory that it's because of the nature of the Forum that we know about the QVC problems.  Imagine if other companies ran general forums where we'd see all the bad reviews in one list the way we do here.  Now if I am searching a product elsewhere, I see reviews and problems only for that product - not for zll the different products they sell.  Huge difference.

@millieshops 

It's not just QVC, and its not just these Forums either. Go to these other companies Facebook Pages or other Social Media and you see all these complaints,and even employees for the company complain about work related issues....and these are people from ALL OVER THE U.S.---when I see that---THERES A BIG PROBLEM, A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST DONT WANT TO DO THEIR JOB, or they have the method of operation set up INEFFICIENTLY and its not working!!!!