Super Contributor

Why so COY QVC about return pick ups?

[ Edited ]

Why on earth, when QVC directs me to click here to schedule a pick up return, do I go to a screen called NEWgistics, which is God only knows what to me? I have no idea who or what this is or even how to login as I have never used it before. Its almost like you are making it hard, I think you are!!! Explain yourself QVC.

Super Contributor

Re: Why so COY QVC about return pick ups?

QVC uses a third-party pickup service. When I used the USPS pickup schedule it sits at the PO until another service picks it up. Postal worker confirmed.

Super Contributor

Thanks ...go figure, they are so sneaky, anything to get around being direct, so vague, its disgusting. I will make sure I give it myself to the postal carrier then. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Thebig IThere's a whole huge business of companies like the "pick-up company" you were referred to.  I hate them which is why I never respond to all those requests companies make asking my opinion of the service I received at some restaurant, some drugstore, a retail shop where I might have spent $10 or ten times that much.  They even offer some reward for filling out their surveys, BUT it's all a gimmick to get our names, addresses, and emails.

I alrady hate to return anything -  knowing I'd have to deal with yet another company is a total turn-off!  Thank heavens my PO is super close to home.  I'll just dump the few returns I make there.  Better yet, I'm not buying much of anything online.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thebig I   Coy?  A simple internet search would have quelled your curiosity.   Just because YOU never heard of it, doesn't make it sneaky.

https://newgistics.com

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thebig I,  This isn't new to QVC -- they've been using Newgistics for about 10 years.   

Here's the April 2009 blog announcement by two of their customer service management team:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Many-Easy-Returns/ba-p/1847619

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Thebig I - One positive in this situation is the fact that you can track your package on the Newgistics site and get better details on the progress of your return than you can through the QVC website. (Of course it would be nicer if the returns just went through one of the major couriers that has superior tracking, but that's a chat for another thread.)

Respected Contributor

On one of the forums here about return issues, a person who works for USPS posted about how these packages can sit in the post office until Q decides to have them picked up. That is why this person recommended always getting a receipt at the PO Counter. I did that on March 4 and my return is still sitting in PO as of March 9. At least I have my receipt documenting the day I mailed it. I have given returns to my postal carrier and 95% of the time it worked okay, just no receipt if it goes missing or does not get to Q by 30 day return restrictions. I recommend getting a receipt even though inconvenient to have to go to PO.
Occasional Contributor

I’ve been wondering, I mailed a return package with the Q label on 3-5-19 and it’s still sitting at the post office. How do you mail something and it sits for 5 days with no movement at all??

Honored Contributor

Coy seems like an odd word to use.