Trusted Contributor
Accepted Solution

Why on earth do models not move around for shoe/boot presentations?

I keep looking for models to move around while shopping for new boots.  They need to realize that some of us have issues and need to see what things look like with normal movement walking around.  If they stand still and keep flexing their feet up and down it just does not help.

QVC please take note of this request.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why on earth do models not move around for shoe/boot presentations?

I think they might be limited in the space they can move around in.  They used to start from the back and walk toward the camera person.  Now they may have to maintain a certain distance.  They do move their feet in a standstill position i.e. bending and pushing on the heel.  They do the best with what they have to work with.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

I keep looking for models to move around while shopping for new boots.  They need to realize that some of us have issues and need to see what things look like with normal movement walking around.  If they stand still and keep flexing their feet up and down it just does not help.

@LogoFan 

I would never buy boots online because some may look great but really aren't comfortable.  The only exception for me would be buying a second pair of something that I already have.

Try going online and viewing the pictures.  IMO, I don't think you can just buy something you see in a presentation without actually reading the information provided online ... plus more pictures available.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like how they tend to strike a pose and hold it for the whole time the camera is on them.  They seem to favor the pose where the heel is lifted off the ground about 6 inches while the toe part is on the ground. I want to see all angles - back, side, facing the front - but definitely a view of both the heel and toe on the ground at the same time.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Another problem that I have noticed is that shoes do not fit them.  They are often too big and will probably not stay on if they walk.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe because everyone's stride is different, so a model walking around won't tell you how a shoe/boot perform for you.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all input.  I realize they have limited space but they could still take a few steps and move around like a normal walk.

I am technically disabled and only get around with driver when I have appointments.  On Line shopping is my only opportunity to try and find shoes/boots; especially during the pandemic.

It would just help to see a few normal foot steps back and forth to get an idea of what is happening with product.

Honored Contributor

I think you'll have just as many people, maybe more, who would complain that they cannot get a good look at the shoes on the feet because the models are moving and walking.

How someone else walks in shoes, or how that shoe is worn on someone else while they walk, is of little help to me.  My foot and stride will never look like anyone else's.  

Getting a good long look at a shoe, from the model showing different angles, is the best help I can get in buying a shoe I never even try on first.   

Trusted Contributor

@careful shopper I did not want to go into great detail, but I have a multitude of issues in finding boots/shoes.  Proper width - walking by models a bit would show me if their walk is bouncy (that affects my vertigo condition and throws me off balance).  I need extra wide width which would not pertain to my request,

Just trying to do the best I can.  For those who do not care to see models walk with shoes; perhaps they could walk and pose like they do also to make everyone happier.

Valued Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

When I see shoes and boots on air I know that most will not work for me.  I have a narrow foot.  Most of the shoes QVC offer would not fit my foot.  My heel will pop out when I walk or my foot will be swimming in the shoe.  If you are interested in a shoe that is on air try to ask questions.  Look at reviews for other shoes by the manufacturer.  The reviews can give you an idea of how the brands shoes tend to fit.