Respected Contributor

I placed a food order on 12/18 and it's still in process. A CS person couldn't tell me when it will ship. Why so long?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why long processing time?

@KKJSad to say, we have no idea here -- and I suspect CS doesn't either.

My guess?  Whatever you ordered wasn't already in a QVC warehouse and the vendor overpromised.   But that's definitely a guess because I'm not personally experienced with food deliveries.   rarely buy anything food online -  at least nothing that I'd hope was recently manufactured and packed.

So fortunate here to be close to good shopping, food included. 

Contributor

I wonder if it is because the food item is being shipped directly from the vendor and not from QVC. This happened to me, I placed an order on 12/22 for some candy to be shipped next day air. The order stayed "in process" until 12/27. When I called CS they told me they couldn't give me an update because the order was being shipped directly from the vendor. Late in the evening on 12/27 the tracking information was updated and the candy was delivered on 12/28.

QVC Customer Care

@KKJ  We've just sent you an email. Cindy

Respected Contributor

I went to my order and clicked to cancel but it still says "Attempting to cancel".  Is it canceled or not?

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I went to my order and clicked to cancel but it still says "Attempting to cancel".  Is it canceled or not?

@KKJ: "Attempting to Cancel" means customer service will try to cancel your order but it may be too late in the process. You'll need to check you order status to find out if they were successful in canceling your order.   

Respected Contributor

It still says "Attempting to Cancel".  I don't get it. Still in process and no ship but I can't cancel either.  I would like them so if I can't cancel it's ok, I just wish it would move along!

Super Contributor

I also have one 'attempting to cancel' for a long time..i really think it is because of the holidays and esp food items..they mostly have to ship and be received within 2 days and since holidays on a wednesday it messes everything up..so by next week everything will be updated I would think..

Contributor

@karabeth wrote:

I wonder if it is because the food item is being shipped directly from the vendor and not from QVC. This happened to me, I placed an order on 12/22 for some candy to be shipped next day air. The order stayed "in process" until 12/27. When I called CS they told me they couldn't give me an update because the order was being shipped directly from the vendor. Late in the evening on 12/27 the tracking information was updated and the candy was delivered on 12/28.

Happened to me as well. I think you're right @karabeth.

Super Contributor

My last couple of orders took over a week to even ship.  That is unacceptable!  I don't want to have to wait a week for it even to ship.  And, then I can't even cancel because it is "in process".  That is ridiculous!  I now had to go purchase another item since it was supposed to be a gift.  I'm really irritated!  I think I should have my item within a week, not wait a week for it even to ship.  What is happening to your shipping QVC?  And customer service acts like this is normal and "we can't guarantee ship times."  Really?  Then, I should be able to cancel if you can't give me an acceptable ship time.