New Contributor

Why isn't my PayPal account balance a payment option?

[ Edited ]

MYSTERY SOLVED! The wording on the popup PayPal screen mentioned automatic payments and then went on to mention balances. I placed my order, and it used my balance. When it didn't show my balance as a payment option like my credit card, I thought it was no longer an option.

I transferred my Ibotta balance to PayPal so I could buy the FitBit Aspire that will be Thursday's TSV, and the balance isn't being shown on the PayPal window. It's only showing the credit card that I have linked to my PayPal account. I know it's not a PayPal setting as I have the available balance set up as my preferred method of payment, and the balance shows up on the HSN and BestBuy sites as payment options. I've spoken with two customer service reps who don't seem to know much about this. I'll be so mad if this isn't an option when so many other retailers let you use your PayPal balance for payment. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why isn't my PayPal account balance a payment option?

[ Edited ]

Has the money been sent to Paypal account yet? If it is when you checkout with Paypal it should have available balance at the top of Paypal page. It asks if you want to apply it to your purchase. You have the option to use it on that purchase or the purchase of your choice. The difference is charged to your credit card or form of payment you have set up with Paypal.

I just used my balance the other day when I made a purchase but it was not from QVC.

QVC or any other merchant most likely does not have anything to do if you use a balance on your Paypal account to pay for your purchase. You probably need to call Paypal. If you call them today you can get the problem fixed before Thurs.

New Contributor

Re: Why isn't my PayPal account balance a payment option?

The money is there, and I could see the balance when I tested it out on HSN and BestBuy; that's why I thought it was a QVC issue and not a PayPal issue. I'll contact PayPal. Thx!