Trusted Contributor

Why is order in process for 3 days?

I need help from one of the Mods please. QVC really needs to step it up. If something I want is about the same price elsewhere, they will get my business. On Sunday 7/29 I ordered a ring. It is 3 days later and still in process. Why? Is it back ordered and will be cancelled like my two recent orders. Please respond.

For example, a day earlier Sat. 7/28,  I ordered a Kipling crossbody bag from Macy's for $42.00 because it was $14.00 less than QVC and also free shipping vs QVC $5.00 S&H. Also there was no minimum order required to get  free ground shipping!  So Macy's not only saved me $19.00 but I was shocked when I received it yesterday, three days after placing the order.!

Can it be that no orders are fulfilled and no returns are processed on the weekends at QVC. The price of QVC merchandise in no way correlates to the level of service provided.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why is order in process for 3 days?

I have found that Macys has super fast delivery even if the order was placed over the weekend. Plus it was free shipping this past weekend with coupons. Sure does pay to shop around. Enjoy your new handbag. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Harvard99, I checked your order and it appears to be loading on the truck now. You should see it updated to shipped as soon as it is scanned. 

Trusted Contributor

@Alice-QVCThank you for checking on that for me!

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99

You must definitely take into account the QVC "In Process" time when ordering from them.  If quick delivery is important to you, then other vendors may be a much better choice.

3 days is totally consistent for QVC and many of us have seen "In Process' for longer than that!  Three days is nothing!  LOL

Also, if you have to return an item....don't be in a hurry for that refund!  We have all seen refunds and returns take WEEKS!

I am never in a hurry for items to be delivered but many people are not happy with the long delivery time and I can certainly understand that!

Honored Contributor

Three days is average.

Respected Contributor

I for one dont want to wait for 3 days to process especially when they have taken my money.

I can get most of my items at Amazon or Macys a lot faster and cheaper.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

some of mine are in process 4-6 days, then takes another 7-8 once shipped.  Never understand the route my packages travel before the get here!

in your case the item is most likely being sent directly from vendor vs Q warehouse.  Yet, we can't cancel 1 day later when it hasn't even been processed...

Frequent Contributor

I currently have an order for the TSV last Saturday that is still processing. It's now late afternoon on Wednesday.  In the past I've had orders processing for 5 days.  I don't understand how an order can take that long before shipping. How many departments does it have to go thru?  when I order from HSN it goes out in 1 or 2 days at most.  My orders take a good 2 calendar weeks to arrive so I've started to have reservations about staying with QVC.  Even though I love their merchandise--it;s just too frustrating to see orders sit for that long.  even with rush shipping they process for the same time period!

Will order more elsewhere from now on.

Frequent Contributor

The processing delay can be really confusing and annoying. I ordered an item in the 7th but within 4 hours changed my mind. When I tried to cancel it I got the remark that it was being processed for shipping and couldn’t be cancelled. It is now the 12th and it still hasn’t shipped, still “in process”.
I will say I have had really good luck in the past with fairly prompt shipping but the last couple of weeks make me a bit nervous about future (especially holiday) orders.