New Contributor

Why is Refund Status is in Audit and taking so long

I have returned three handbags that were gift returns I had purchased and saved to give to my daughters for their birthdays. Turns out they didn’t like the bags so I returned them. I called customer care to issue the refund when the package was on the way back. The refunds were issued but it’s been over a week. I’ve called twice to find out why the refunds were not released yet and it says it’s an audit. They are holding the funds that’s why I never received the emails that the refunds were processed. What does this mean? How long is this going to take? I’ve been a customer for 15 years. Don’t know why it would be an audit. i’ve called before to have a refund issued when packages were still in transit on the way back as long as the customer care contractor package and it never happened before. So maybe because it’s far past the return date. However, I called in advance and got permission to send them back. I would like those refunds released but more importantly I would like to understand what does it mean audit and why?
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Refund Status is in Audit and taking so long

@Ereuter    I hope you realize you're addressing a bunch of your fellow customers when the only people who can answer your question are in the audit department.  My guess is that they don't take phone calls.  The facts you stated; multiple purchases, probably a large amount, late returns could easily arouse suspicion.  They deal with many scammers.

Hope you get your refund soon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Thank you. You are correct I can’t get an answer when I called. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Maybe it’s due to the higher refund amounts but they can’t even seem to make that part clear. I thought this was under the customer care forum column.
Contributor

Even with permission,  three probably expensive handbags returned well past the 30 days is going to send up a red flag to QVC.  Not right to ask to return something long after the 30 days.  You know that when you purchase something.  

New Contributor

I purchased them on a massive holiday sale and at the time told the agent I’m saving them for my daughters birthdays into the next year. They said as long as I marked as a gift return, if my daughters don’t like the bags or already have the same bags, I can return them. So that’s what happened. They are still new in box with the tags attached. So don’t make judgments you don’t know anything about it. Thanks.
Valued Contributor

@Ereuter  you might want to email qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

Esteemed Contributor

I would have requested a confirmation in an email about the conversation of returning the handbags. This might be the reason for the audit if it wasn't noted on your account. Hopefully, everything will be resolved sooner than later.

Respected Contributor

@Ereuter, hope you weren't as snippy with Customer Service as you were to Kmac who could only form an opinion based on the information you initially posted. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never heard of customer service allowing anyone to extend a refund for a gift, has anyone else?  I wonder if the rep taking the order meant to say the person could get a credit. 

Honored Contributor

@Ereuter  - Did you ever get your refund?