Valued Contributor

Re: Why does the post office still have my return to QVC?

QVC can bring in the best products at the best price but if they do not fix their returns they will lose customers to companies that have the process geared toward customers being happy.  Returns at QVC take weeks while Amazon it is a couple of days.  And Amazon cancels an order in minutes while at the Q you can basically never cancel because the in process is shown as soon as you place an order at which point they claim it cannot be cancelled.  Funny how an order can be in process immediately while returns is an agonizing wait and see scenario.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@haddon9  I've returned items via UPS as they are closer to me than the post office.

It never fails that I have to call CS and ask for my refund when I use UPS. They act totally surprised that the item was received and it hasnt been scanned in as a return.

@Snowpuppy   I'm surprised that it's not treated the same way as FedEx.  I can always see in tracking exactly when it was received....both date & time and who signed for it.  I'll also see on my orders page that they have received it back as well.

Good thing that you have proof it was sent back!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barb40  .. you can't blame the Post Office for this.  They have to wait until QVC sends their "agent" to pick it up.  The Post Office has no control over it.  I had to wait for almost two weeks for one particular return to be picked up.  Very frustrating.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yup - I totally hear you! I returned a package, tracked it, and it was sitting in the post office for days on end. It finally reached QVC about 10 days later. That might account for the tardiness of refunds to accounts when customer return items. We pay a hefty price for a return label, only for it to be sitting in a bin at the post office. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Yup - I totally hear you! I returned a package, tracked it, and it was sitting in the post office for days on end. It finally reached QVC about 10 days later. That might account for the tardiness of refunds to accounts when customer return items. We pay a hefty price for a return label, only for it to be sitting in a bin at the post office. 

@Effie54  ....  Blame QVC for the delay.  QVC has  to send an "agent" to the Post Office to pick up the returns,  It is totally out of the hands of the Post Office.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54  ....  Blame QVC for the delay.  QVC has  to send an "agent" to the Post Office to pick up the returns,  It is totally out of the hands of the Post Office.  

Oh I didn't realize that. I thought it was due to the post office. Thank you for letting me know. I wondered why the packages sat there for eons. 

Super Contributor

This is not a QVC problem, it is the contractor problem. Most shipping is done through UPS and I see their contractor pass my office certain times of the week to bring and pick up packages. Most of your smaller packages are sent to USP on a contractors truck that says UPS, if you live in a town near a large city you can expect more likely that a contractor is handling your mail. Most mail now are trucked from city to city so don't expect it to be like it was in the past. My UPS guy has told me several times that a lot of the deliveries are based on the time it was picked up and the time that truck get to their site and sorted. He calls it cost cutting and I assume that in entirety. UPS don't get as much on shipping as these other shippers get. I suggest if you want it shipped in a timely manner try UPS. If I have to ship anything back if it  comes by UPS, I send it back through them. I run a small business and I know it is a problem but these businesses use contractors to save them cost also.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For anyone trying to track your package after you drop it off at your local USPS office (with the QVC label), use the website of the third-party returns agent, Newgistics:

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

Within 48-72 hours of the USPS website showing your package as "picked up by agent" (sometimes the wording differs slightly), you can track your return the rest of the way through the Newgistics website. It essentially provides the same information as using the QVC website's return tracking link because the same overall data is used, but the Newgistics site sometimes shows additional stops between major hubs and is almost always updated more frequently than QVC's details. I have definitely found that the final delivery step shows up more quickly on the Newgistics site, which is helpful in letting you know that the package finally arrived. (And if you wait a week after that happens, you can typically contact qvcsocialteam@qvc.com for assistance in processing your return and refund instead of waiting a month for the Q returns team to get to it.)

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc  OMG!

Evine used Newgistics. Newgistics sat on my return to Evine for 3 weeks!

Last time I shopped there.

Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for your replies! I appreciate it!