Respected Contributor

Why does't Q communicate with customers regarding order issues?

I waited three weeks for a jewelry item that supposedly shipped. I finally called CS and was told there was a problem with my order? I assume not in stock any more and was asked if I wanted a credit? So they deducted the cost of the item from my credit card and there was a problem? This is the first I knew of the situation after I had to inquire about the order. There was no email, letter or phone message. It seems we customers have to take the initiative  on orders , returns delays and account credits? This is not customer friendly?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why does't Q communicate with customers regarding order issues?

I had an interesting situation a while back, after I had ordered the Beekman TSV.  I wasn’t in a hurry for it and got distracted by other events in my life.  When I called to inquire about my order, I was first told I did not complete my phone order properly, so my order was not placed.  I challenged that and asked to speak to someone else.  I was told to wait for a call.  The rep called me back and admitted there had been some sort of a “glitch” in the phone ordering system and told me there was nothing left in stock.  She was polite and genuinely sympathetic, so I politely told her I was no longer interested in getting this product.  I wonder if anyone reading this has ever had this issue?

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT  Yes, I have had that happen. I can't remember what the item was but I do remember wondering why it hadn't arrived so I called; there was glitch, so sorry, etc. I remember that the item was now regular price instead of at the sale price. CS could see I had placed the order but then it was never fulfilled...

I'm thinking it was those Rustic Candles from Luminaire last holiday. 

In any event, when the item came back in stock (some time later), they gave me the sale price and overnight shipping with no charge. They were able to see I had placed the order and they had proof that the date corresponded with a glitch (I remember reading about issues here) so they provided great service to make up for it.

Super Contributor

I'm going to tell you why they don't communicate with us.  They don't need to. We do their footwork for them. They have trained us to accept slow delivery, slower returns, even slower refunds and, delayed exchanges. They only act when we call them on their egregious conduct. By doing this consistently and gradually over the last couple of years, they have conditioned us into acceptance of this poor service. They are now in the process of conditioning us to get a Q card and I would bet a lot of money that in the near future EasyPay will only be for those who use the Q card.

There are no other large scale retailers who do this: not Amazon; not Walmart; not Target; not Macy's; not Kohl's; not Penney's; and, not even poor, old, failing Sears.

This is only one of the reasons I have stopped buying from the Q. They have lost my trust and my confidence that they will consistently do the right thing by and for their customers. I will pay off my EasyPays and will continue to follow certain people I like on the forums - but, that's it. I am not doing this in anger or a petty snit - more in sadness and sorrow at the loss of a good place to shop.

Occasional Contributor

AMEN! I live in a rural area and have become more and more as disappointed in QVC and their policies. I could list several problems with returns, exchanges and purchases that never should have happened and a couple that were not resolved the way they should have been. For those reasons I rarely order anymore and have learned that I can live without most of the items they offer.
Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I waited three weeks for a jewelry item that supposedly shipped. I finally called CS and was told there was a problem with my order? I assume not in stock any more and was asked if I wanted a credit? So they deducted the cost of the item from my credit card and there was a problem? This is the first I knew of the situation after I had to inquire about the order. There was no email, letter or phone message. It seems we customers have to take the initiative  on orders , returns delays and account credits? This is not customer friendly?

@Gorgf. What do all the question marks mean?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

The questions marks is to state  question, of course, geez

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

The questions marks is to state  question, of course, geez

@tropics21.  But most of them are not questions. They are statements.

Valued Contributor

My point is that this forum is not an english class for grammar clarification

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

My point is that this forum is not an english class for grammar clarification

@tropics21.  As long as it is not against community standards, you can post whatever you want on these forums.