Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why does my package go to Timbucktoo and back?

I had something similar with one of my packages recently.  I'm in NY and the tracking information said the package was at my local post office, which is two blocks from my house.  This was early on a Friday morning and I thought it might be delivered the same day.  When it didn't show up, I checked the tracking again on Saturday morning.  Imagine my surprise when it said my package had arrived at a post office in Indiana!  It made it's way back to NY and was delivered on Monday.  Guess my package wanted to get away for the weekend!

Honored Contributor

The why isn't anything most of us know unfortunately, but I've never once had any QVC package delivered in one or to days.  Not when I lived just a few hundred miles from West Chester and not now along the Florida coast.  You were unusually lucky I think.

I've been lucky compared to many posters -  just had the longest miss of an EDD ever -  but by just 2 days. Part of that I'd blame on QVC processing and partly on some obviously time gaps that happened at UPS according to the last few days of my tracking.  

Valued Contributor

My packages (in Ohio) get delivered and re-delivered and re-delivered to the same post office.  It makes no sense.  Other than the PO has no idea what they are doing.  They really need to hire people who can read.  I have complained several times to QVC and nothing changes.  I'm sure it's because of the profit they make on charging us what they do to ship and then sending things the cheapest way they can find.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Partly because UPS hands the packages off to the USPS, and then it goes badly from there. 

@Effie54 Mine go badly when Newgistics takes them from UPS before USPS ever gets their hands on them. Then they sit on them for as long as a week.

I hear ya! I find that so frustrating! 

Honored Contributor

It is...   what it is.   

Contributor

Because apparently efficiency isn't a priority anymore. I've never seen anything like it. There's no accountability so it continues on. I've had items shipped from Pa. come within 20 miles of my house,(Tn) and go to LA. and everywhere in between. It took 3 weeks to receive. Some I've never received!