Highlighted

Why does my package go to Timbucktoo and back?

I used to be able to get things from QVC within one or two days. Yeah, I know, Covid happened and companies started cutting back, etc. But can someone tell me why my package starts out in Ohio (and I live in Ohio, btw) goes from there to New Jersey, from there to PA.,and now its in Michigan. No wonder things take more than a week to arrive. Just doesn't make sense.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why does my package go to Timbucktoo and back?

I have the same problem.  Pkg gets to a certain post office 25 miles from here in Michigan, then back to South Carolina, then Minnesota.  And I don't mean just one, it happens frequently.

Valued Contributor

I totally agree.  It's hard to understand how this continues.  There's got to be a more efficient, less costly way of shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Robbi254    I don't know about yours but mine are all delayed by Newgistics, the company that transports between ups and USPS facilities.  They make a one day trip from California to Albuquerque take as long as 10 days.  They are an in incompetent, disorganized mess and they lie about what they're doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have been a QVC customer from almost their beginning, and have never received anything in one or two days as the OP states.

Respected Contributor

A couple of years ago, one of my packages from QVC shipped from PA.  Made it to the South, I live in GA.  Got as far as North or South Carolina, I think.  But then too a sling shot all the way to the Northwest, I think Washington or Oregon and then made it's way back to me.  I mentioned this to someone at the post office counter, he said that it was odd but I don't think he believed me.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it wanted to take the scenic route.

Esteemed Contributor

Partly because UPS hands the packages off to the USPS, and then it goes badly from there. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Robbi254    I don't know about yours but mine are all delayed by Newgistics, the company that transports between ups and USPS facilities.  They make a one day trip from California to Albuquerque take as long as 10 days.  They are an in incompetent, disorganized mess and they lie about what they're doing.

Yes, I agree with Kachina 100%! Once it leaves UPS, the company who transports it to the post office can keep it for days, upon days. It sits in a bin somewhere, waiting to be sorted, transported, and then.....finally delivered. I never, ever had issues when UPS used to deliver the packages directly to my house. They would come in 3 to 4 days tops.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Partly because UPS hands the packages off to the USPS, and then it goes badly from there. 

@Effie54 Mine go badly when Newgistics takes them from UPS before USPS ever gets their hands on them. Then they sit on them for as long as a week.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment