Contributor

Re: Why does an order stay in process for days and days...... and on?

I'm sick of it too!! You can't cancel anything but processing can take a week!! I used to get items within two to three days. Customer service  can't help either. They don't know anymore than us.

Contributor

I agree. If you're planning on a gift or using it on a specific day Forget it!!

Esteemed Contributor

The main reason for long processing times, orders that end up being cancelled when the products were initially in stock, and the inability to cancel orders is QVC's reliance on its vendor sites and supply chains for shipping. I would guess that this approach saves the Q quite a bit of money because the majority of the steps associated with order fulfillment and shipping are handled by third parties and QVC doesn't have to maintain as many employees, supplies, warehouses, and associated resources. However, the tradeoff is that QVC has less control over the whole process, as there is now a "middle man" between the customer and the company.

In some cases, direct vendor shipping can be great for customers if the vendor is organized, responsible, and punctual in its operations, and there's even a chance the vendor may be closer to the customer than any QVC warehouse, which can speed the delivery process. But there are always going to be less efficient, less effective vendors that don't accurately track inventory and/or do not have prompt shipping procedures. And unfortunately, it's virtually impossible to find out which vendor is in which category until you've already placed your order and joined the "in process" waiting game.

All that said, best wishes to everyone for speedy, simple transactions! I'll be over here hoping your vendors are not in that latter lacking category so you'll quickly get your new treasures...  Smiley Wink