Honored Contributor

Why does an item say In Stock when I choose a color and size, but when I try to put it in my cart it says the item is sold out?  If I go back and try again, same thing.  Is one computer not speaking to the other?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why does an item say....

Could be that someone put it in their cart/basket to purchase at the same time you did and just completed the order before you did. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler but if I go back and try again it still says in-stock until I try to put it in my cart. I tried multiple times and each time it said In-stock AFTER I put in my size and color choice but Sold Out after I try to put it in my cart.

Honored Contributor

Why not use the phone to call in your order?  The CR rep will confirm if the item is really sold out.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Means the item you selected sold out but the listing hasn't updated yet. There's a short lag. Also, people add and delete things from their carts all the time, so it can change fast.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess - Interestingly, I just experienced this situation today with an "as is" item, but with a slightly different result—I added the item to my cart, purchased it, and then clicked the link to review my order, where I clicked into the item description to read about it once more. While doing that, I thought maybe I'd pick up a second one since it was a good deal, but when I clicked "Add to Cart," it generated the "Sorry, item is sold out" message. I guess I got the last one!  Smiley Happy