Trusted Contributor

Why do you send out returned items....

I purchased an expensive clothes item, and decided to get another as Christmas gift. Mine came with tags, and tissue paper. I was very happy with it. Yesterday i got the other one i was going to gift. It came without tags, no tissue paper balled up in a clear plastic bag and smelling like old perfume. If i had purchased it as a "As is" item i would have understood, but i purchased it full price. I don't know who is in charge of returns and how it works, but this is happening more and more to me,  and from what i have read, many people here. I am returning item, and do not expect to be charged the return cost.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do you send out returned items....

[ Edited ]

My clothing purchases at QVC number in the hundreds.  I've received dozens of "returns".  I love them because they often come on waitlist because the item would otherwise be sold out and unavailable.

With 30 years of clothing purchases, I've always received merchandise in pristine condition.  I've never gotten anything with perfume or other odors, never had tissues or mints in pockets, nothing has ever been dirty.  Even returns come neatly folded with tissue paper.  Most people couldn't tell they're returns.

Why do the sell returns?  Why not?  Same reason department store put returns right back on the sales racks.

The OP had an extraordinary experience.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@dogsx3   When you make this return if I were doing this I'd also include a BIG note about this not being a new item, no tag, no tissue, smelled of perfume. I'd also make mention of not charging me return s/h. This usually works for me.

Respected Contributor

Why should QVC not sell returned items? All others stores do as well. If you return an item to a local store it goes right back out to be sold.

Respected Contributor

For the same reason EVERY OTHER RETAILER does!

If you do not want a returned item then only shop in stores with a NO RETURN POLICY.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When getting an item paying full price to give as a gift, you expect the item to be in new condition. I would not purchase an item at a store that did not have tags, and looked used and smelled.  

Also i do not object to them selling returned items, but should be AS IS if item smells and no tags.IMO

Super Contributor

It has happened to me as well in the past, and not often.  One time I had crumbs in the pants pockets!   Quality is not always their forte.

Honored Contributor

My only request is that QVC would sell them at an 'as is' price. No one wants to give used (returned) items.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like Quality Control carelessness, at the inconvenience of the customer, yet again. IMO
Super Contributor

Of course, you should receive a NEW item, not used, not rolled up in a ball, not worn and smelling of perfume.  WHO does that and returns it?  Such ill manners from people.  And such mistreatment from QVC!!  I would NEVER pay for used and worn goods unless I was able to inspect them.  Disregard the cheerleaders for QVC, in the short time I have come to the fourms, they are the same people, always cheering, never anything wrong with THEIR orders.  It is wrong of QVC to send out an obviously WORN item, brick and mortar stores would never resell for the original price.  Sorry you had this experience, and sorry there are those who see nothing wrong.  This is just another reason for me to trash QVC for their unethical selling tactics.  They should be held to the same standard as other stores, yet they are given a pass? Just my opinion