Respected Contributor

Why do I have to pay return shipping fees

[ Edited ]

I received the VPH glass Christmas trees today that came broken in the box.

They are ready to go back tomorrow but why do I have to pay the return shipping fee?

Is there a way out of this?

Edited to say I called CS and they said the post office didn't want broken items sent back and to keep it. The woman issued me a refund over the phone. 

Thanks CS.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do I have to pay return shipping fees

@luvmyteddy4 Best thing to do is send an email to:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Include your name, acct. info, order number and the nature of the problem, along with your question about the fee.

The ST is very quick to respond, either her or by email.

I *think* I know the answer but likely someone else here has better info. Best of luck.

Valued Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

They are ready to go back tomorrow but why do I have to pay the return shipping fee?

Make sure mark the item as defective and then shouldn't be charged for the return shipping - you might want to also email the qvc social team and let them know why you are returning it and they will make sure you don't get charged.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @luvmyteddy4 

I am sorry that your trees arrived broken. Please indicate on the return instructions that the item was damaged and there will be no charge for the return.

Barb

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I did write in the return comment section that it was broken and I hope they see it. 

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Make sure mark the item as defective and then shouldn't be charged for the return shipping - you might want to also email the qvc social team and let them know why you are returning it and they will make sure you don't get charged.

I am having trouble finding the email address below anywhere. I did write a note on the return label but thought I would email also.

Respected Contributor

I've always called CS to let them know if I've received a damaged item andd to note that there should be no return shipping charged to me. Also, mark the damage done on return.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4   So am I correct that you kept the broken items per QVC instructions and they refunded the price to you. If so, good for QVC.

Honored Contributor

i ordered three cast iron pepper pots that were on lunchtime specials about two weeks ago. two werw perfect. one i could hear that the glass lid had shattered within its individual box. i emailed the social team and they told me to throw it away and the promptly sent another one that arrived within a few days. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@luvmyteddy4   So am I correct that you kept the broken items per QVC instructions and they refunded the price to you. If so, good for QVC.

yes.

The trees were beautiful too but very thin glass, I wish they had made it thru shipping. They came ups.