Regular Contributor

Why can't i give an updated review on something?

I don't understand why QVC doesn't allow for a "updated review" on something I purchased the beginning of May? It was Roberta's Verbena Starry Eyes. I gave it 3 stars at the time because it came nicely packaged & handled with care, however it is July4th and the plants are the same size as the day I planted them & they have not spread at all. For items such as this QVC should allow time for growth so we can properly rate the item. This is the second time I order flowers from QVC. I won't be purchasing them again. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why can't i give an updated review on something?

Their program doesnt allow for editing reviews.  That's just the way it is.  Doesn't do any good to complain about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624That's the way it is now, but maybe it doesn't have to be that way forever.  At least that's what I think when I make my frequent calls to my political representatives about whatever is going on that interests me one way or the other.

Regular Contributor

Well maybe QVC needs to revise this policy. How can one accurately review a plant when it takes time to grow? I noticed that on Hair Max used for hair growth customers are given at least 2 months to try it & review it? Would make sense that way other shoppers can read an actual review just like any other product. 

Honored Contributor

You could give it time to grow and then post your review at that time.  There's no time limit on when you can post your original review.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack @donniesmom @millieshops @Kachina624  It's not just plants. I've re-ordered items from QVC over the years and tried to write another review. Cannot do it. Items change; sometimes for the better; sometimes in the negative. Seems like if I'm spending my money, I should be able to update my opinions as the product changes!

I continue to love Root Blast to feed my plants. Have placed orders for this 2-jar item over the years. QVC doesn't give it air time, but it is the best  fertilizer I've ever used. No mess with putting it in water. Just put it around the drip-line of the plants or potted plants and water thoroughly. Great stuff. How I'd love to write another review after using it for years and years!! My original review doesn't do it justice.

Then, there is Philosophy Amazing Grace Body Lotion. I've re-ordered that forever. Yes, the scent isn't what it used to be. However, I continue to order it (also two 32 oz. bottles at a time). It is not greasy and absorbs into my skin quickly so I'm able to dress immediately after applying. Makes bathing and dressing quick and easy. I believe my original review was not very kind, but I do love this body lotion. Have recently been told, again, what a "gentle" fragrance I'm wearing. (I don't wear any perfume!) Guess the Philosophy Amazing Grace Body Lotion does linger hours later and my nose is not longer smelling it with my system. Again, I love how quickly it absorbs into my skin! Would love to rewrite a review periodically on this product to do it justice.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLadyI totally understand your points, but I have to tell you that if it weren't for reviews, reactions, whatever you want to call them here on the Forums, I virtually never read reviews.  Here, I at least recognize some names of those who post frequently which helps me evaluate what is written.  Just as some here discount new contributors, I more or less reviewers I can't vet.

BTW-  thanks for the "reviews" in your post -  those I read!

Honored Contributor

Must be 1 to a customer.  

Honored Contributor

None of the shopping channels have review systems that allow for edits or multiple entries.  Perhaps that type of system doesnt interface well with the rest of their programming.  The only one i can recall that permits edits is the Amazon reviews.  @NickNack is right, you can post a review at any time but only one per customer.

Keep in mind that many perennial plants don't show much growth or bloom their first year planted because they're putting effort into growing new roots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment