Contributor

Why can't I can't get answers?

I just received my BodyGym and was reviewing the video. First, the people demonstrating don't match the two models on the front of the DVD or booklet. Secondly and more importantly, the couple demonstrating are showing different exercises with different names than what is displayed on the bar! No one anywhere has mentioned this-why?

Also the bodygym.com website is coming up as a security risk by McAfee which isn't good. And finally there is no number to contact the company and my 2 emails have gone unanswered. 

I contacted QVC for help but was told they don't have a number either! Why would they carry a product where they can't reach the company? Do I have to write Marie? I'm not sure what to do because I feel like I've been mislead, but I need to start exercising. Plus I waited almost a month for this to arrive! Help me, please!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why can't I can't get answers?

[ Edited ]

@Debbyrg, I viewed the video and didn't really notice anything but it doesn't seem to matter what they are called or if the models match.  Just do the exercises as shown or am I missing something?      I  followed the instructions in the booklet and didn't really need the video at all anyway.  After a few days I didn't need any instructions either.  Try using the booklet and start using the body gym and you will see how very easy it is.  

Respected Contributor

@Debbyrg wrote:

I just received my BodyGym and was reviewing the video. First, the people demonstrating don't match the two models on the front of the DVD or booklet. Secondly and more importantly, the couple demonstrating are showing different exercises with different names than what is displayed on the bar! No one anywhere has mentioned this-why?

Also the bodygym.com website is coming up as a security risk by McAfee which isn't good. And finally there is no number to contact the company and my 2 emails have gone unanswered. 

I contacted QVC for help but was told they don't have a number either! Why would they carry a product where they can't reach the company? Do I have to write Marie? I'm not sure what to do because I feel like I've been mislead, but I need to start exercising. Plus I waited almost a month for this to arrive! Help me, please!

Go to Marie Osmond's Facebook and ask her a question. 

Honored Contributor

Why does it matter if they use different models in the video than on the cover or call the exercises by different names?

Contributor

I don't have or use Facebook. The website being a problem and no response is also an issue!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Why does it matter if they use different models in the video than on the cover or call the exercises by different names?

The first one doesn't matter, but the second issue does. The second problem sends a confusing message because if you're trying to do the workout on the DVD and the bar you're holding in your hand tells you to do the same exercise a different way, that's conflicting information your brain has to work to resolve. It could also result in injury if you confuse the two and do some combination that puts you in a bad position. As someone who designs, develops, and delivers training materials and training, I know that it's an issue that slows learning and causes a dissatisfying experience for the end user. That's the exact opposite of what training should accomplish. They should fix that.

I never noticed before because I don't have a working DVD player and never watched the video demo.

Trusted Contributor

I never know the names of the exercises I do.  I just watch or read instructions that show how it's done and do it.  

Honored Contributor

@Debbyrg, I went back and put the DVD in and it looks like you might be thinking the warmups are the workout since they give names for the stretches.  

If you go to the actual workout after the warmup, you will see the are the same names as on the bar stickers. 

The first person doing the warmup stretches is not shown on the front of the DVD but that has no bearing on anything.  I don't understand why you think you were mislead though.  

I would suggest going back to the DVD and you will see that the actual workout is after the warmup stretches and the names do match those on the bar stickers.  I hope this helps and you can enjoy the workouts and don't put it off because you were confused by the warmup stretches.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Debbyrg, I went back and put the DVD in and it looks like you might be thinking the warmups are the workout since they give names for the stretches.  

If you go to the actual workout after the warmup, you will see the are the same names as on the bar stickers. 

The first person doing the warmup stretches is not shown on the front of the DVD but that has no bearing on anything.  I don't understand why you think you were mislead though.  

I would suggest going back to the DVD and you will see that the actual workout is after the warmup stretches and the names do match those on the bar stickers.  I hope this helps and you can enjoy the workouts and don't put it off because you were confused by the warmup stretches.

@PookThis is very good- I hope the OP reads this, you have to stretch and warm up before you start any exercise.

Honored Contributor

@Debbyrg

marie_widerow.jpg

marie_bicepscurl.jpg

tj_lunge.jpg

marie_chestpress.jpg

marie_coretwist.jpg

marie_squats.jpg

tj_overhead.jpg