Honored Contributor

Re: Why are you using USPS when they cram packages into mailboxes causing damage & wrinkles?

I also prefer my clothing items to be dropped off at my door.  Just because something can be crammed into a mailbox....doesn't mean it should!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Why are you using USPS when they cram packages into mailboxes causing damage & wrinkles?

[ Edited ]

We had a terrible carrier for about a month.  They canned him and the new guy is great!  

Honored Contributor

My mail lady takes her frustrations out on stuffing my mailbox.  LOL.  She puts the mail in first, then stuffs the bag or bags in.  One time she pushed so hard, it opened the door on the backside and things were hanging out. It's not often she comes to the door.  When she does, she puts the package on the backside of the door, so I can't just open the door and grab it.  I have to go on the front porch, close the door to pickup the package.  I get the package the same day whether it comes mail or UPS.  UPS drops off at the post office at 6am and it makes that days delivery. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer USPS to UPS.  My mailman places my packages on front covered porch just like UPS.  I receive my items just as fast as UPS and they come in a clean bag or box that I can re-use.

My bags form UPS look like they have been run over by a truck and are dirty and gritty - into the trash they go.  Can''t place them on any furniture, counters, etc to open as they are so dirty.  Just have to hold them to open then immediately wash my hands.  I don't understand why they are so dirty - doesn't make sense.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG - yes! I agree with you! Yesterday I went to the mail (there are 6 mailboxes for packages where we live) and unlocked the box - there were (4) packages smushed into each other. The clothes are a wrinkled mess! Also, any boxes from Amazon tend to be squashed. I wish QVC still used UPS like the old days. Also, ladies - you are correct, it takes eons to get the packages now due to USPS. Ugh..........

Honored Contributor

If you have a bad mail carrier complain.  Ask around and if others in your neighborhood feel like that have THEM complain too.  Ours got canned in short order.

We suddenly noticed our amount of mail was sporadic, mail was coming at all hours of the day, and sometimes the mail came THEN the packages later.  It was a hot mess.  That guy sure didn't last long though!

Complain about it!  There are too many people out there who need a good job to put up with some slackard!   Up until this guy we have had wonderful people!  

Esteemed Contributor

These problems are definitely the fault of bad individual carriers; my mail carrier and his backup are both great at their jobs, and they always take care to deliver my packages in a way that will make sure I get them in the best shape possible. They also go the extra mile and leave larger packages at my back door rather than my front door to make sure they don't disappear before I can retrieve them. The UPS couriers in my area are also excellent, and when the holidays come, I can't believe how many hours they work and how friendly they remain.

FedEx, on the other hand . . . I have so many negative things to say about the company's policies, delivery services, and employees that I could write a book. I'm glad QVC doesn't use them.

Esteemed Contributor

@LonestarBabs

I have ALL packages (from all retailers) marked for delivery to side door. 

I amended my 'ship to' address to read side door because I can't see packages on my porch without going outside to look. Meantime everyone driving or waking past could see it on the porch.

Your mail service won't be any better than your individual mail carrier. Mine is great and never leaves anyone's USPS package on the porch or jammed & hanging out of the mailbox.

He walks everyone's package around to the back, out of public view.

He's a real treasure!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624, I'm happy USPS works for you, unfortunately for me it takes 3 to 5 days longer than UPS deliverly.  

Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@Kachina624, I'm happy USPS works for you, unfortunately for me it takes 3 to 5 days longer than UPS deliverly.  

Today when I got 3 QVC and 1 HSN package, it occured to me what UPS is doing.  Several of these had been in town for several days but not delivered or transferred to the post office.  They know how many pkgs they have for my address and how many are coming.  I think they hold them until they have enough to make a trip worthwhile, then deliver them all at once since "they'll be in my area today".

I bet they get paid more if they don't transfer them to the post office.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment