Trusted Contributor

Why are you using USPS when they cram packages into mailboxes causing damage & wrinkles?

Occasionally my mail carrier will get out of his truck and come onto the front porch to drop off a package that started out as UPS and was then transferred to USPS. But more often than not he just crams it into the mailbox --- especially those soft packages of clothing. This then causes the items to be wrinkled and sometimes torn, buttons popped loose, etc. Is it really worth saving $ to use USPS this way??? What a mess!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why are you using USPS when they cram packages into mailboxes causing damage & wrinkles?

And on top of that it takes soooooooo much longer to receive them !!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Why are you using USPS when they cram packages into mailboxes causing damage & wrinkles?

So true!  My husband couldn't believe his eyes one day going to get mail LOL! He even took a picture because he simply couldn't believe what he was seeing!  Our mailman had crammed 3 clothing purchases and mail into a very average small size mailbox....the one package which contained a gili long trench sweater item wouldn't quite fit so 75% of it was dangling out....just smashed and crushed inside the other 2 items and mail.  I wish I could post that photo...it is unreal!

They don't want to get out and deliver all these packages...yrs past there simply wasn't the amount there is now.  

Regular Contributor

We have a mail box that is provided by the USPS for 18 households. There are 2 locking boxes for package delivery which the postal carrier puts the key for in our regular box.  I really woldn't mind, but frequently the carrier crams a box that is just slightly too large in the box and then jams the door shut.  The result ~ I can't get the key to work because the mechanism is jammed on the inside and has to be opened by the postal carrier who has a master key that opens the entire unit of mail boxes.  I have called and complained.  It has been better since we have a new carrier.  His biggest problem is putting my mail in a neighbor's box.  I eventually get it.  One time it took 2 weeks.  Customer service is not what it used to be. 

Honored Contributor

I never have problems with my mail carrier. He brings packages and the mail to the door. Our mailbox is at the end of the driveway, so he turns off the engine in the truck and closes the door and brings up the package.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs:  It is frustrating sometimes when packages are transferred from UPS to USPS but when it comes to USPS carriers mishandling packages as you mentioned that issue lies with USPS. I would definitely report the incident to USPS.

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs   The only thing you can do if clothes items are torn and buttons missing is to call Customer Service.  I doubt that QVC will change how they are mailing out packages unless it interferes with their bottom line.  You could also call your local post office and complain about the stuffing packages in the mailbox.  I know it is a pain but some people just don't care how they handle your mail.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I had one like that

Then he retired

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I never have problems with my mail carrier. He brings packages and the mail to the door. Our mailbox is at the end of the driveway, so he turns off the engine in the truck and closes the door and brings up the package.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

And on top of that it takes soooooooo much longer to receive them !!!!

@Silver Fox1.  Not always; I get mine much faster.  As far as I'm concerned, UPS has totally gone to pot in the last couple of years.  The don't move an inch on week-ends which now extends to Friday and Mondays.  Packages sit at their distribution centers for days.  I'm disgusted with them.  Squashed packages are a small thing compared to what UPS is not doing, that they're supposed to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I ordered from Walmart, got free shipping, and got it the next day via Fed-X at noon.  I highly doubt the Q exec's wives living on the Philadelphia Mainline would put up with cram packages.