Honored Contributor

Re: Why are we all "Labeled" ?

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

Why worry about something so insignificant. 

@Karnerblue***So many posts that have a concern get this kind of reply        from you.

If you are so unconcerned, why answer at all instead of inferring someone is petty?  They have a question!

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma****Totally agree with you and I brought this up about a month ago when someone who is snarky on the forums had a label such as "Respected" or "Trustworthy" which did not describe her in the least.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

The labels probably came with the software and are one of those things that either can't be removed or it would take too much time, money, or trouble to remove (provided QVC even wanted to remove them).

That's what I was going to suggest, however I love my exhalted, if erroneous title, and would hate to lose it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Hello, MalteseMomma. Smiley Happy

I don't think that it's about labels. It's just a title that's added when you post a lot and get a lot of likes or something.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

The "labels" are inaccurate.When they reset the board thousands of posts were lost.They reset the post count  at 2010. So those that posted a lot on this date/after will show a higher status than they really are. Post count should have been set at zero with the new forum, last year..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Karnerblue***So many posts that have a concern get this kind of reply        from you.

If you are so unconcerned, why answer at all instead of inferring someone is petty?  They have a question!

I'm flattered that you track my posts.  I made a comment because that is what we do here.  There really is no need for you to interpret my comments.  I did not "infer" someone was petty.  Are you labeling me?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Like ,Trusted Contributor.....Respected...... Esteemed Contributor.......ect....ect  ?

I don't like being labeled and I doubt anyone else does. Aren't we taught not to label people  and even  more so lately........

There are labels, and there are labels.  Labels regarding personality, intelligence, habits, dress, taste, style, politics, etc. happen on this forum every day and will continue as long as the forums are in existence. It's a 'when I label someone it's okay, when someone labels me it's not' world.

Labels that are designations, numerical status given a name, etc. are based on numbers, not just peoples' opinions. People who have posted 500 times, 1000 times, 5,000 times are given an arbitrary software label that means nothing more than the number of posts they have made. It's at least based on something quantifiable rather than just because of taste, opinion or politics.

But people continue to try and make more than it is, and to give it more importance than it has. 'I don't like that person so they shouldn't be allowed to have a positive-sounding label that *I* have personalized to mean more than it does.'

Silly.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I never even notice unless someone calls attention to it.  Not important to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

I'm flattered that you track my posts.  I made a comment because that is what we do here.  There really is no need for you to interpret my comments.  I did not "infer" someone was petty.  Are you labeling me?

It wouldn't be a label.  More like the truth.

Honored Contributor

ya got that right