Occasional Contributor

Why are there no prices listed online

Why are there no prices posted on many items listed online, including in the Items Recently Aired section?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Why are there no prices listed online

I noticed that too.  In fact, I sent an email to Customer Service about the problem.  The reply I rec'd was to do "various tasks" on my computer to see if that fixed it.  I didn't do it because it's their problem...not mine.  Glad to hear someone has noticed the "pricing" problem.

QVC Customer Care

@jcshopper & @jonickel 

Hi,

For a couple of weeks now we have noticed that on QVC.com you have to actually click on the item to see the price.

Susan Q-Social

Valued Contributor

I dont get annoyed easily but for weeks now this one is doing it  Instead of clicking on I just skip it so if the intention was have people click on it isnt working  

Trusted Contributor

It's QVC's crude way of making you click on an item.  Not very customer friendly.  If they can get you to click on an item, they just upped the chances are you will purchase the item.  That tactic just sends me to another, more customer friendly site.

Valued Contributor

I sent an email to CS a few days ago about this problem.  The answer I received was that the rep would forward this problem to the appropriate department.

Honored Contributor

I somehow don't think this is a mistake.

I too think they are hoping we will click on the item, become more interested and then after liking it look at the price.

No.

Wrong again with their marketing strategies.

If I don't see the price I usually don't bother clicking on it (most of the time).

I think they think that their customers are quite unaware of their (not very successful) sales techniques.

It is just one more annoying thing!

Sometimes I think hey, we should all be on a panel for QVC for suggestions but this time-have them listen to us!About everything so many of us have been saying over and over about all the things that make us turn the channel and that QVC thinks is an improvement!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Hello everyone,

I also wrote another thread about this and all but "one" agreed.  I wrote money "IS" an object with me.  

As I'm scanning online shows I want to see if the item I like is within my price range before I go any further.

The "complainer" on my comments said I took the joy out of her shopping. Really?

QVC is trying something different and we as customers should let them know how we feel.

Please post if this bothers you, thanks.

Cathy

Esteemed Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

I sent an email to CS a few days ago about this problem.  The answer I received was that the rep would forward this problem to the appropriate department.

Don't hold your breath........

Occasional Contributor

As a person who worked in the online marketing industry for years (emphasis on online, not marketing), I feel the need to put in my two cents. Take it or not, just my perspective.

When you try to roll out a new "look and feel" online at the direction of your Marketing/Sales people, it NEVER goes smoothly the first time. The data all comes from different places and new interfaces rarely play well with old data. It is highly unlikely that they are rubbing their hands together, cackling at how stupid customers are giant suckers clicking on items with no prices on them. Believe me, they profit much more from not generating cranky phone calls, hate mail, and grumpy forum posters.

As for "I didn't ask the company to change it..." Be realistic. Any company that doesn't update its online functionality periodically will be eaten by another company fast. 

Again, only my view. Maybe they are just trying to annoy people.