Super Contributor

Why are my orders now backordered?

[ Edited ]

On October 4, I ordered 2 Issac pima tunics and 4 Issac pima tulip hem tunics. All was well until this morning when I checked the status and 5 of these items are now backordered. They were in stock when I ordered them, what is going on?

Edit:

I checked the tunics and you can still order them, they are in stock in your cart, and the order goes through. CS said the inventory must be wrong on for  A373633 and A370269. You would think this would be corrected so anyone orders these would see it is backordered and not available.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Why are my orders now backordered?

I purchase often from QVC and have seen this occur more and more.  I order something which shows in stock, order is in process and then changes to “back order!”  At one point I had 8 different items in backorder status.  I inquired with QVC CS and could not get a clear answer as to why.  Disappointing how frequently this was occurring and seems there is a HUGE disconnect with ordering and the QVC warehouse!!

Would love for the moderator to chime in why there has been a sudden uptick re items purchased and paid for suddenly changing to backorder.  This is incredibly frustrating esp since you receive NO NOTIFICATION from QVC except for the item showing under “waitlist” category.

Regular Contributor

I had a similar it experience with an item. I ordered it on Aug 9th &  it was in processing until I received it Sept.29th. It showed it was still available to order. Called CS & got excuses that it was the vendor's fault. When I questioned about the current availability she didn't have any thing to say. The Q has a problems. My current one is getting videos to play. I've tried all the suggestion but nothing works. Q is losing $$ from me because I won't order items without seeing the video first. I would call CS & place a new order & aske thenm to cancel the babckorder. It's worth a try. Good Luck

Super Contributor

@suzykee wrote:

I had a similar it experience with an item. I ordered it on Aug 9th &  it was in processing until I received it Sept.29th. It showed it was still available to order. Called CS & got excuses that it was the vendor's fault. When I questioned about the current availability she didn't have any thing to say. The Q has a problems. My current one is getting videos to play. I've tried all the suggestion but nothing works. Q is losing $$ from me because I won't order items without seeing the video first. I would call CS & place a new order & aske thenm to cancel the babckorder. It's worth a try. Good Luck

Thanks for the advice. I did email CS after the CS chat and will see if I get some kind of answer if it is actually backordered or not.  If I don't get a straight answer I will just cancel my order.

Honored Contributor

It's  possible the merchandise didn't arrive as expected but is on the way. Think you can cancel it?  Forget it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@FS74 wrote:

On October 4, I ordered 2 Issac pima tunics and 4 Issac pima tulip hem tunics. All was well until this morning when I checked the status and 5 of these items are now backordered. They were in stock when I ordered them, what is going on?

Edit:

I checked the tunics and you can still order them, they are in stock in your cart, and the order goes through. CS said the inventory must be wrong on for  A373633 and A370269. You would think this would be corrected so anyone orders these would see it is backordered and not available.

@FS74  I also have 2 items that were just put on 'backorder' that were instock for days afterward...

A343063 - wine (ordered on 9/29) and A302159 - black (ordered on 10/4)

Just between you and me that is 4 different errors in the warehouse :/

Super Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@FS74 wrote:

Edit:

@FS74  I also have 2 items that were just put on 'backorder' that were instock for days afterward...

Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. LOL. I did receive a reply from Q and she really couldn't say why the backorder, but she does seems to think I will have no problem receiving the tunics. When is a all new ball of wax.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FS74 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@FS74 wrote:

Edit:

Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. LOL. I did receive a reply from Q and she really couldn't say why the backorder, but she does seems to think I will have no problem receiving the tunics. When is a all new ball of wax.

Smiley Happy

@FS74  I would at least wait til they were shipped before getting too excited. I have had several other orders over the years become 'backordered' and never received them.

Contributor

The same thing happened to me.  I just checked on three I.M. tunics due to arrive tomorrow and they are now on "backorder". 

This is only the second time I have ordered from QVC in 2019.  At one time, I purchased quite a bit, but with this type of service, I make fewer and fewer purchases.