Respected Contributor

I have had a Qcard for about 25 years.  I rarely order anymore but today they had a One Day Only that I was interested in.  When I did the online order and went to submit it I got the message that it was an invalid method of payment.  The item sold out so it's after the fact now but why was my account closed? 

QVC Customer Care

Re: Why Was My QCard cancelled?

@Catty2 wrote:

I have had a Qcard for about 25 years.  I rarely order anymore but today they had a One Day Only that I was interested in.  When I did the online order and went to submit it I got the message that it was an invalid method of payment.  The item sold out so it's after the fact now but why was my account closed? 

We are so very sorry for any inconvenience with your Qcard. Unfortunately, if you have not used your Qcard in 12 months the card is closed by Synchrony Bank the owners of the Qcard. You would have to re-apply for the credit card.  You can apply for the Qcard from our site as the bottom of the main page.  I hope this information is helpful.

Honored Contributor

My opinion....that seems totally unreasonable for an account to be closed after a 12 month inactive period.  I’ve had store credit cards that I’ve used once in a blue moon (jc Penney, Sears) and when I wanted to use them again, I never had any problem. 

Honored Contributor

@september As I understand it, this is the policy of the *bank* and not that policy of QVC. Every credit card operates differently.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@september As I understand it, this is the policy of the *bank* and not that policy of QVC. Every credit card operates differently.

Yes, and Qvc has chosen this bank to offer credit to their customers.  I’ll never get a “q card”.  

What is the advantage?  Most of us have other credit cards that offer us awards and other benefits. 

Respected Contributor

I had my TJ Maxx card cancelled after not using it for a while, maybe a year.

I think that they and Qcard should send a warning . Sears did that once a few years ago, that I needed to use the card.

Sometimes I forgot to shop with my credit cards.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of Visa/Mastercards (I don’t have any store credit cards) that send me an email to use it by a certain date or it will be cancelled. Then I go out and buy something small like underware or something just to keep it going. 

Honored Contributor

When we bought a new mattress they had zero,percent financing so we applied for it. It was Synchrony Bank. Looks like they get around.

After I read some of the horror stories on here about the Q card and the bank, I paid off the zero percent loan at that bank.

Honored Contributor

I have my Q card for years and never had any issues.

Honored Contributor

Walmart credit card uses that bank, also. Lots of places do.

Not a problem for me to charge

ROFL