Respected Contributor

Why Plain White Boxes for Shoes?

I have received two pairs of shoes in plain white boxes. One was Earth peep-toe and the other Skechers.

I don't understand why these shoes weren't in their original boxes. Now I'm wondering if they were returns.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Plain White Boxes for Shoes?

Oooh, that's weird @VenturaHighway  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mamaI called CS and they said they didn't know why my shoes would come in plain white boxes. Well, Surely someone knows whyWoman Frustrated

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway

I have never received a pair of shoes or boots from the Q in a non-brand, non manufacturer box.

I just bought a pair of Spring Step boots (Korine) from the Q and they arrived in a Spring Step box.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mamaI ordered three pairs of Skechers. Two came in the brand box and one in a white plain box. The I ordered three pairs of the Earth Peep-toe. Two came in the brand box and one in a white box.

All the Earth ones went back. Very ill-fitting and I guess that is why they were on sale. I was sad because they were really cute.

Valued Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Bird mamaI called CS and they said they didn't know why my shoes would come in plain white boxes. Well, Surely someone knows whyWoman Frustrated

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Yes, I have received a pair of tall boots in a plain white box. The boots didn't look worn and were fine. No big deal. 

Respected Contributor

@LUVNLIFEI'm sure I'm a bit silly but it is a big deal to me. I keep all my shoes in their boxes. I can look on the end of the box and see the color since I order more than one color in the same shoe.

Just me being particularWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway I think you have a legitimate complaint!

You have a right to get the entire 'package' (i.e. box, shoes, etc) the way YOU want them.

I'd also be leery about getting a box that didn't have anything on the cover.

Just saying......

Respected Contributor

just my 2 cents here. is it possible that with the Q ordering so many pairs of shoes, the manufacturer  or Q chose to do the plain white box to somehow cut costs? 

if Q ordered say 5,000 pairs of shoes, maybe Q can get the 5,000 shoes at  $ per unit, instead of $$ per unit. 

dont know the answer.

Respected Contributor

@kittylooI have been ordering from the Q for 23 years and this is the first time I didn't get the brand name box.