Honored Contributor

Re: Why Plain White Boxes for Shoes?

@Harvard99.  Good heavens no.  Boxes take up too much room.  I use a number of different shoe storage devices in a spare unused bedroom.  No shoes in the closet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Harvard99.  Good heavens no.  Boxes take up too much room.  I use a number of different shoe storage devices in a spare unused bedroom.  No shoes in the closet.

@Kachina624   I was just joking with you!  Don't be so serious!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@VenturaHighway.  You ought to try shoes from Zulily.  They arrive absolutely pristine with not even a wrinkle in the tissue and all original factory packing material.  I've bought dozens and have packed off dozens of bright new boxes to the recycling bin.  Some are pretty fancy; I always feel there ought to be some use for them but who has the space?

@Kachina624Thanks, I will check it out next time I buy shoes. In this plain white box, nothing on the outside. There wasn't any packing in the shoes.

It was strange because these shoes were a new item that night that I ordered them.

Looked like someone threw them in the box and sent them on their way.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely get a pristine box when I buy shoes from Kohls.....maybe they just wanted to send a box that wasn't dented or torn....

I throw away the box as soon as I make sure they fit...

Esteemed Contributor

I’m thinking that the shoes without original boxes were returns. I wouldn’t like it either. If I’m shopping in a discount store. I’ll buy without a box but that’s discount prices.
"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I don't care about the box as long as the shoe is in pristine condition.  It's going in the recycle bin anyways.  I used to save cardboard boxes all the time, but no more.  Bugs (especially roaches) like them.  I do save big cardboard boxes, but I break them down and stack them underneatht the truck in the garage until spring when I use them as ground cover.

Respected Contributor

That has happened to me a few times. After reading on this forum about people who get shoes, throw away the box, then later decide to return them (who knows - probably in a zip lock bag), the Q probably doesn't have spare shoe boxes around that belong to each specific brand and item so they just put the returned item in a generic box for sending out to the next person.  

I personally never return an item without it being in its original packaging.  If I happened to throw away the box an item came in, I don't even think about returning the item.  I just consider it poor planning on my part.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Kachina624I'm sorry but I disagree because if I'm buying a brand new pair of shoes, they should be in the brand box.

@VenturaHighway

At the very least, if they were returns (in a condition acceptable to you), you should have paid the 'As Is' price, not the full price.

The only time I received used shoes in a plain white box, they were Birkenstock with obvious foot stains on the footbed......ewwwww!

They went back!

Years ago Paula Deen did an interview on a morning show, when she first starting selling on QVC and she said that the first thing she had ever ordered from QVC was a pair of shoes and they were obviously used, LOL!

I'm sure the video is still on youtube.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  The shoes didn't look like a return because they were new that night that I ordered them. It was just strange since it had never happened to me before.

Then another brand that I ordered, two came in brand boxes and the other one in a white box.

If they had been returns and had been worn, I would of sent them back. All the Earth shoes went back because they were ill-fitting.