Super Contributor

Why Is "Preparing Your Order" All I See?

I ordered some tops on April 17, but all I've seen in order status for almost a week now is "preparing your order."  I am so tired of wondering where in the process my items are and frankly would love to cancel all of them at this point but that isn't an option.  In fact this statement of "preparing your order" appeared almost immediately and the option to cancel or even change a size or color was gone as well.  It really is frustrating to the point I probably will stop ordering anything.  Sadly though even local stores are very limited in what they have to buy physically at the store.  I thought by now QVC would be better at sending out items but evidently not.  

QVC Customer Care

Re: Why Is "Preparing Your Order" All I See?

@InStitches49 wrote:

I ordered some tops on April 17, but all I've seen in order status for almost a week now is "preparing your order."  I am so tired of wondering where in the process my items are and frankly would love to cancel all of them at this point but that isn't an option.  In fact this statement of "preparing your order" appeared almost immediately and the option to cancel or even change a size or color was gone as well.  It really is frustrating to the point I probably will stop ordering anything.  Sadly though even local stores are very limited in what they have to buy physically at the store.  I thought by now QVC would be better at sending out items but evidently not.  

@InStitches49 

I am sorry that your tops have not yet shipped. I see several orders in process when looking at your order list. If there is a particular order you would like us to check on for you, please eamil the order info to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Barb

Customer Care

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@InStitches49 ,

@Barbara-QVC,

Same here. Ordered Candace Cameron Bure TSV top on April 17.

They have been "preparing the order" since then.

I think this is something that seems to happen a lot, with no communication of when to expect something.

I know it is not something the mods can control, but it would be so helpful if like other retailers, QVC could give some information about when to expect something.

I maybe order 2 or 3 things a year.

My other thing I ordered, the Valerie flickering lampost,  on March 29th. I just kept seeing  "processing the order." A few weeks later, I did a live chat and was told it would ship May 7th! I never would have known this unless I had contacted someone. I ordered it too when there was no indication these were on back order.

I don't mind waiting, it's just not knowing or not being given any information unless emailing or calling or doing a live chat.

Anyway, thank you for you time in trying to help resolve these continued issues.

I have never experienced this lack of communication with any other online retailer, so it seems to be a pervasive problem.

It seems QVC is selling items that they do not have available at the time?

I have received one thing last summer that I received at a reasonable time.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@InStitches49 @Me too!  Several orders since 4/16.  Some things ship quickly but too many items take way too long.  I'll give it one more day and then it will all go back if not shipped.  I buy A LOT online.  QVC is the slowest of any site I purchase from both in actual shipping and time to deliver once shipped.  Mail Innovations takes forever!

Respected Contributor

I've got a "preparing your order" since March. I will say that contacting them via email is a great way to get quick response. I got the response that they were having issues with receiving orders from the manufacturer, certainly understandable since many companies/factories have not reopened and doing what they can to get orders. A lot of items are pre-orders and not going to ship for a month, maybe that's what yours are. It would be nice if the hosts repeated that information as much as they repeat to make sure you empty your cart Smiley Happy Hope you can get your orders soon and that you love them!

Respected Contributor

I have some orders doing that as well and others come very fast.  I'm in no hurry for anything but I do look forward to those packages.  

I think the TSV for tops by Candace are the ones in preparing your order.  I've had same issue with Belle TSV too.  But then all of a sudden on there way.

I mainly order from QVC because I know who I am dealing with.  Other places can be difficult.  I have ordered from Kohl's and places we have local since I can return to store.  I don't do Amazon but my daughter does .  

Not many places left to shop for clothes around here.  I don't shop like I use to since the pandemic.  Don't really miss it either.  I adjusted to doing other things with my time.  I also find I don't need the clothes either.  I still work but jeans and a nice top all that is required and a layering piece because it gets cold.  I think QVC offers many choices and I've gotten pretty good in knowing what works for me and do very little returns and sometimes just an exchange.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been experiencing this a lot on my orders in the past couple of months.  So far almost everything was eventually delivered to me, but many items didn't ship until after the EDD. This morning I saw that one of my items that is past the EDD went to backorder so I'm not sure what'll happen there Smiley Sad. Didn't get any notification yet from QVC, just saw it when checking my account.

Esteemed Contributor

I also have an order being "prepared" for me since April 17th........I'm tired of this nonsense, we'll see what happens with it but this is why I hardly order anymore.

I ordered something on Amazon after the 17th and got it 4 days ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why QVC sells items that are not available to ship immediately.  I thought it had built a huge warehouse somewhere which should have taken care of a lot of problems.  If they sell items that need to come from somewhere else, they should have better control of those manufacturers.  JMHO!!!

BTW, I would NEVER order anything from here that I needed within a certain timeframe.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently had the same type of problem. On April 8th, I placed an order for a Halo Powercube. A label was printed at a location not even two hours away from where I live. Evidently, UPS never received the package, it seemed to die in place with no further tracking information. I placed a call to QVC several days ago regarding this problem.The customer service representative said she would ship out a Halo, since she could see that the original order never shipped. The status is still listed as "Preparing Your Order". I am certainly glad I did not need this Halo anytime soon.