Super Contributor

Why Does Order Say "Contact CS" Even Though Order Clearly Has Gone Through?

[ Edited ]

Question for CUSTOMER CARE!  I have an order that I changed from check order to my credit card this morning ~ after I switched to my credit card, I got one of those annoying, "Hmmm.... Something Went Wrong" messages popping up however, when looking at the Order on my account it SHOWS that it was indeed put on my credit card ~ But, It says "Contact CS" on the order status, also won't allow me to put the order on easy pay or do anything of any description to my order ugh. It's like my order is being held hostage lol. Can Customer Service please explain why this happens?

It's hugely inconvenient that now I am not able to do anything to my order, and by the time the "Contact CS" falls off the order, I'm sure I won't be able to then request Easy Pay while on my account online. I'm guessing I'll have to now wait for a "request" to be put in and wait 5-7 business days.

Can QVC Customer Care contact the QVC IT Team to see why this continually happens? Surely I'm not the only one this happens to. Thanks so much for any help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Does Order Say "Contact CS" Even Though Order Clearly Has Gone Through?

@DooneyGal2 

Email QVC's Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order number and explanation.

They reply quickly and are very nice.  

Super Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@DooneyGal2 

Email QVC's Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order number and explanation.

They reply quickly and are very nice.  

Thank you so much, I appreciate you reaching out. Sadly that rarely helps with this particular situation, no one seems to really fully help. I'll usually just get told that the order is "pending authorization" and that's the end of it lol. I wish I knew why this will only happen here or there on some orders and with no real rhyme or reason. I actually just paid the credit card I switched it to on time, and it says my account is in good standing~so it's not that I don't have available credit.  Just puzzling and very frustrating.

Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2   Have you been able to get EZP other times when you switched from check order to your credit card?   I never tried to do that.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was right as always. My stupidity lol that I did this at 5:30 AM (Switching the order to credit card) because NOW, MAGICALLY, the order is now officially IN PROCESSING and I can't do ANYTHING to my order. Not happy. I'm just about done with QVC lol! Been a loyal customer for 30 years and have had enough of not knowing when things won't get screwed up on their Dot Com, this shouldn't be an issue.

Super Contributor

@millieshops wrot

@DooneyGal2   Have you been able to get EZP other times when you switched from check order to your credit card?   I never tried to do that.

Yes, quite often it will never be an issue. It appears to be a glitch that randomly happens. I already know I'm out of luck and will indeed have to have a request put in. Thank heaven this wasn't a $100 or more order and on my debit card, then I'd really be in a jam.

Esteemed Contributor

On occasion when I have switched an order from check to credit/debit card, the option to use easy-pay automatically comes up on the summary page before clicking save.  Perhaps this is because if I switch I usually apply the order to a QCard and easy-pay is an automatic billing option with that card. I have switched payment forms using a standard Visa or debit card, but can't recall whether or not I was given an easy-pay option.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DooneyGal2 

Easy solution:  Call customer service and find out. 

800-367-9444

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why was it being held on Check Hold Status when you intended to pay by CC?

Was this so it could be 'held' while you decided if you even want it?

It was stated this has been done before................. and people always question why inventory 'reappears' the next day.....

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Why was it being held on Check Hold Status when you intended to pay by CC?

Was this so it could be 'held' while you decided if you even want it?

It was stated this has been done before................. and people always question why inventory 'reappears' the next day.....

@RespectLife, I don't know if this has changed because I haven't paid with a check in many years, but I used to only pay by check if I didn't want to use my credit card. You had so many days (maybe 7)  to mail your check in. However, I found out that if they sold out, check orders were low on the totem pole and those who were paying with credit cards were placed ahead of you. I had an item I really badly wanted and my order went to waitlist because of it. This was explained to me by a CS rep. That was the last time I paid that way. This was many years ago (been shopping here since 1993) so it might be a lot different now. I'm surprised they still take checks at all.