Honored Contributor

Why Can't I Cancel a Backordered item?

I placed an order on the 2nd of August.  QVC had no issue accepting my order and I was given an order confirmation number.  For at least 5 days my order status said they were preparing my order.

This morning I checked the order status again and it had changed to processing.  This afternoon I received an e-mail from PayPal that QVC had authorized the payment for this order. 

Now my status shows as backorder and there is no way for me to cancel the order.  If my order cannot be shipped, I should have the option of canceling it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't I Cancel a Backordered item?

@Lipstickdiva    It's probably getting ready to ship and is too far along in the process. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva    It's probably getting ready to ship and is too far along in the process. 

@Kachina624 , items switch to backorder right before they are going to ship?  I've never had this happen before.  My items have always gone from "in process" to "shipped."  

It has been months since I ordered from QVC so maybe they have changed the way they ship.  

QVC Customer Care

@Lipstickdiva I'm so sorry to hear you had that experience. Please e-mail me your order number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will be happy to see if the order can be canceled.

Honored Contributor

@Wayne-QVC thank you.  I just sent an e-mail.