Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Are My Notifications Numbers Going Down?

I have no idea what a "Notification " even is.  Never noticed it and never looked for it.  

I guess that means it's not that important (for me.)

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

"Notifications" means 'hearts' on your posts.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I have no idea what a "Notification " even is.  Never noticed it and never looked for it.  

I guess that means it's not that important (for me.)

@Johnnyeager You have never noticed "Notifications" at the top right of the board next to your user name? That gives a number or a zero indicating how many hearted posts you have or whether someone has mentioned you in a post? Hard to believe you've never seen that or known what it is. You are getting notified now that I am mentioning you in a post.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm having a hard time understanding this.   Do you get a discount or prize?    I don't understand the MSN "points" either....

@Desertdi    They send you a huge bonus check at the end of the year.  You didn't get yours? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm having a hard time understanding this.   Do you get a discount or prize?    I don't understand the MSN "points" either....

@Desertdi    They send you a huge bonus check at the end of the year.  You didn't get yours? 

@Kachina624     Oh NO!    I better put in a claim right away!!!   (Ummm......is this something I will have to declare on my income tax?)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   I consider it a gift.  I'm sure the mods will take care of it for you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   I consider it a gift.  I'm sure the mods will take care of it for you. 

@Kachina624    Do ya think they could send CA$H instead?    I've always wanted to see a Brinks truck in my driveway.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624    Do ya think they could send CA$H instead?    I've always wanted to see a Brinks truck in my driveway.....

ROFL!!!  👆

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

"Notifications" means 'hearts' on your posts.

Settings Preferences (left margin) allows you to hide heart buttons and counts. 

Pretty sure the notification counter also racks up a notification if someone @'s your nick, uses a quote with your nick already in it, or piggybacks on your post instead of using the red REPLY at the top left of the thread.