Frequent Contributor

Where is the quality control?

[ Edited ]

My A308409, Kipling Tripple Compartment Crossbody bag- Cara, in sparkly gold.

I purchase the above in that color because it was on sale, still is. I received it yesterday. This bag was obviously used and a return, inside the zipper in one of the compartnemts  there was a SANITARY NAPKIN! of all things, the zipper was closed.

Bags new usually come filled with paper to keep the shape, the strap short and hardware covered. Not this bag.

Where is the quality customer service that QVC so much advertise? I know the "tariffs" got to the Q and all prices are up, but a SANITARY NAPKIN inside a bag is too much.

Going back.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is the quality control?

Once again I will try and explain QC. Not every thing is inspected. Just not possible.

A call to CS should help you. That sounds like a big mess,but don't hang it on QC.

The tariffs?-puhleese!

Esteemed Contributor

It happens all the time. One time I ordered a Brighton bag from Zappos. I expected a new in box bag. When I got it the purse was stuffed in an envelope instead of neatly packaged in the traditional Brighton box. I open the bag and there were lipstick stains all through the lining. I sent it back and called Zappos and they gave me a $50 credit for a future purchase. 

QVC Customer Care

@Josefina wrote:

I purchase the above in that color because it was on sale, still is. I received it yesterday. This bag was obviously used and a return, inside the zipper in one of the compartnemts  there was a SANITARY NAPKIN! of all things, the zipper was closed.

Bags new usually come filled with paper to keep the shape, the strap short and hardware covered. Not this bag.

Where is the quality customer service that QVC so much advertise? I know the "tariffs" got to the Q and all prices are up, but a SANITARY NAPKIN inside a bag is too much.

Going back.

Good morning @Josefina thank you for posting in our Community Customer Care forum. Thank you for your recent purchase of this Kipling bag. I am very sorry that it was sent out in that condition. I have forwarded the order to our warehouse that sent it. I have sent you an email reagarding this, please review and email your response, thank you. Kim

Honored Contributor

@Josefina 

Ehat really irks me is that someone would actually use (not try on) a bag and then return it.

It is certainly not acceptable for you to have to get one like this.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

It is bad enough when an item is on sale but some customers have had stories similar to this one with NEW merchandise. I used to receive items with a sticker indicating inspection by Quality  Control. Even that was random. I don't  think there is the staff available to do this any more and Q has expanded to the point of not being able to keep up. It is disgusting. Sadly , it happens,tissues in pockets ,items smelling of stale perfume , candy  wrappers in purses even money left in pockets. Hopefully everything was  corrected for you. 

Frequent Contributor

I thank you for your reply Kim and for your offer of a 50% off which I originally accepted, but I simply can't get over the large sanitary napkin inside. I am returning it for a refund, and marked as "defective" as another customer service told me. I will not be charged the return shipping.

Trusted Contributor

@Josefina wrote:

Going back.

I was shocked to read this and explored further on the internet until I found the indeed website that does company reviews.  The many pros and cons of QVC from their employees is eye opening.  You should check it out.