New Contributor

When will the 1/18 shipment of honeybells be shipped?

I ordered a 10lb box of Honeybells back in December that was supposed to ship on 1/18 and here it is 1/27 and the order status still shows processing where it has been since before 1/18. My question is when will it ship and are they sitting in a warehouse rotting like some in the forums have mentioned?
Honored Contributor

Re: When will the 1/18 shipment of honeybells be shipped?

[ Edited ]

@Just Me 

The Honeybells are shipped directly by the vendor, not shipped by QVC

Others threads here have mentioned being told by the growers (they ordered direct from the grower's site) that there is a delivery delay, due to too much rain delaying the crops ripening.

You can do a search of the forums for these other threads.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Just Me I reached out to the team that works with the vendor to see if they can get us any information about a ship date.

Honored Contributor

Not that it helps, but I haven’t seen a single Honeybell in our Publix.  I’m in SE FL.  

Contributor

I received my 1/18 order today 1/27. They were shipped two days ago via UPS. Upon opening the box I noticed some paperwork included with the shipment that said that the vendor had to make a substitution. I did not receive the Florida Honeybell's that I ordered. I received Honeybell's from California. I will just say that I've been ordering Honeybell's for many years directly from groves in Florida.  These California Honeybell's neither looked like the Florida Honeybell's nor tasted like them. They are not as juicy or as sweet and they are definitely more sour than the Florida variety. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of what I received were navel oranges. Overall, very disappointing. My first inclination was to check QVC's website for reviews, however, they were nonexistent as this December TSV had sold out. But lo and behold what I did see were Honeybell's from California being sold on the website. I had ordered 5 pounds of honeybells back in December at a price of 34.00. Today on the website these California Honeybell's are being sold 6 pounds for 29.00. I did call customer service and was given a price adjustment. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Just Me your HoneyBells shipped yesterday 1/27, you should be receiving them soon.

New Contributor

Well - it seems the reason for the delay - per all the negative reviews- is that QVC bait and switched them for the inferior California ones. Can I refuse the delivery since I DID NOT order the California ones and the presentations clearly stated that they were selling the Florida ones
Honored Contributor

@Just Me wrote:
Well - it seems the reason for the delay - per all the negative reviews- is that QVC bait and switched them for the inferior California ones. Can I refuse the delivery since I DID NOT order the California ones and the presentations clearly stated that they were selling the Florida ones

@Just Me   I don't know about refusing them, but if you aren't happy with them just call QVC.  They will refund your money and won't make you return the honeybells.  They never want food returned.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau