New Contributor

When trying to get shipping charges removed, I was told 12-3-2016 was not a QVC free shipping day.

I made a huge order on free shipping day. I then found that I was charged shipping on several items, including an exercise machine. I tried to correct this on the chat online service. I was told I would have to call customer service to correct this. I called customer service, waited for a long time (which I understand), and then was told that Saturday, 12-3-2016 was not a free shipping day on QVC. I was told that free shipping day was on Monday 12-5-2016, so my shipping costs would not be refunded.

I apologized if I had made an error here. However, i then remembered that on David's Saturday morning 12-3-2016 show he promoted free shipping day that day. I also remember the last hour of the day the free shipping being pushed before the deadline. Also, I was told by others that this day was free shipping, because they saw it also.
So, I called back and let customer service know this. I was then told that it was a free shipping day, but not for QVC. I was told I was reading stuff online that had nothing to do with QVC.

This surprisingly hurt me very deeply. That fact surprises me, and I feel a bit foolish that this hurt me. However, I have loved QVC, promoted it, and been a very loyal customer for years. I was being disregarded as not knowing what I was talking about and very unappreciated.

i decided I must stand up for myself after the way I was treated. It took a lot of time and energy, but I continued to give facts regarding the free shipping date. I asked for a manager. I was told to hold before being transferred to a manager. The representative returned stating she had put in a request to reimburse my shipping costs. She said it wouldn't show up for a while. I was then chastised for ordering online and not noticing and taking care of the problem sooner.

There are other things as well that happened in this situation. When I called the number given me to call by the chat person, I was told it was the wrong number and to call another number. I said ok, wrote down the number they had and asked to be transferred. I was told I had to hang up and call.

i was also told that on another order that was purchased as buy more save more, that I would not get get that deal because my order was on fulfilled after being put on wait list.

I don't know but I'm very hurt, disappointed and shocked at how I was treated.

Honored Contributor

Re: When trying to get shipping charges removed, I was told 12-3-2016 was not a QVC free shipping da

I' m sorry that this happened to you, I think sometimes they ( all retailers ) hope you either don't check, or finally give up trying to settle a claim.  I recently was give a load of attitude from a Rep. who told me I was wrong about tracking , when I had the info right in front of me. I always start out polite, because I know that  people deserve respect. However, if you are insulting or try to stonewall, all bets are off. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Re: When trying to get shipping charges removed, I was told 12-3-2016 was not a QVC free shipping da

If you love QVC + Free Shipping & Handling, then today is your day! Enjoy Free Shipping + Handling all day today on everything* at QVC!!
(*excludes items that already have shipping included in the price. ends at 11:59pm et tonight)

I found this on Sandra Bennett's facebook page.   There's your proof!  
QVC Customer Care

@14tweety

Please accept my apologies for the poor customer experience you have received; that should never have happened. All of your shipping and handling has been refunded to you. I am sending an email to you with more information. 

Beth QVC

Valued Contributor

@Beth-QVC

Was it a free shipping day?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We must have had the same person on live chat.  My order wasn't large, but shipping was added.  Arlena on the live chat was clueless, and out right lied to me about how it would be handled.  She shut the chat down, and wiped it from the screen when I told her I would just phone customer service.  My phone call was able to solve the problem.  From now on, I won't trust the live chat.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@Miranda1550

Yes 12/3 was a Saturday and it had free shipping all day....can I assist you with something for that day? Just send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will help you!

Beth QVC