Esteemed Contributor

What’s up with M67856 Sun Joe Cordless Stringless Trimmer?

Hello @Beth-QVC  or @Melvin-QVC  or any other helpful mod. 

I've been on waitlist for a month (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) and now I can't even find the item mentioned above on the site.  Not under that item number anyway.   Things were messed up from the get go when the product video was of the hedge trimmer and not a word about the cordless stringless trimmer.  Does it really exist?

Or is Sun Joe having second thoughts about the plastic blade and reworking it?   Is there definitely going to be a cordless stringless trimmer available to be shipped...hopefully in the remaining waitlist period (2 weeks?) or should I look elsewhere?

If you know more than we do, will you please share?

Thanks. 

Keepin' it real.
QVC Customer Care

Re: What’s up with M67856 Sun Joe Cordless Stringless Trimmer?

Hi @esmerelda 

Unfortunately we do not yet have a date that more trimmers will be available. Your waitlist order remains in place.

Barb

Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Barbara-QVC   You said "more trimmers" so some were shipped out?  It would be nice to see reviews.   

I searched all "Sun Joe" products here and found a 24V [iON+] 10" Cordless [SharperBlade] Stringless Trimmer for $99.99.  (The bracketed information is not in the title of the item I ordered.)

I did not find the 24V Cordless 10" Stringless Trimmer that I ordered a month ago for $69.99 and for which I am on waitlist. 

I don't know what the differences are between the two items since, as I said, I can't find the one I ordered on the site to compare them. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect my waitlist order will be cancelled; and if I want a Sun Joe Cordless 10" Stringless Trimmer I can get one at the higher price. 

That would be wrong, and maybe illegal. 🙁

Thanks again for your quick reply.   It's very helpful having you and your team of mods available to help us with "issues." 🙂

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda So you're wondering or speculating that QVC would do something illegal? Seriously? You certainly implied that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  No. First, I'm no expert on the law. 

Second, I'm sure a reasonable explanation will be forthcoming. And maybe even the trimmer I ordered. Wouldn't that be nice?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Sun Joe products (small garden tools) have been rather iffy lately.  For trimmers, etc., I would look for a better brand name -

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda  I would check other retailers for that item since there is not timeline for delivery.  I've seen Sun Joe cordless trimmers, etc. on line at Home Depot with free shipping. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 @fthunt I've done some looking around (amazon, Home Depot) and it looks like Sun Joe has the market on cordless stringless trimmers.  I didn't see any other brands that were stringless.

The Home Depot price was in line with the QVC price here for the "SharperBlade" one.  It also looks like HD has the one I ordered here for about the same price as here.  I noticed one reason for the big gap between prices for the two items may the more expensive one comes with a charger and battery.  The less expensive one at HD is "Tool Only."  I don't remember if there was anything else included with the similarly price one here as...repeating myself...I can't find it here to check.

So, the good news is there's probably nothing nefarious going on here.  It's extra $$ for extra items.

I did notice ratings at HD were typically 3 stars for the various Sun Joe trimmers with the SharperBlade version for $99 almost 4 stars, but only 28 reviews so far.

eta...wait, going back I did see one by Makita...also 3 stars $93 for just the tool...no charger, no battery.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Waitlist cancelled. 

End of story. 

Keepin' it real.