Honored Contributor

Re: What's the point of having different forums?

Long time ago, my Mama said that in an argument, the one doing the most talking is usually wrong.

There seems to be a definite need to have the last word on this thread by someone. 

Carry on......

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

🤣

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Long time ago, my Mama said that in an argument, the one doing the most talking is usually wrong.

There seems to be a definite need to have the last word on this thread by someone. 

Carry on......

What's interesting here is your criticizing someone for having the last word and then ending your post with "Carry on...."  Bwwwaahhhhaaaa

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Carry on......

YEP!!!!!!!!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

SPURT wrote:

@JaneMarple

Ya better watch out Jane.....someone had posted a medicare question in Community Chat and I politely suggested she might get more responses if she deleted it in Community Chat and posted it in on Wellness.  And I wasnt being snarky I was just wanting her to get an answer since it was a good question and a friend of mine had that same question as she cares for her mom who is on Medicare. But WOW !!!--EVERYONE jumped all over me saying that Community Chat encompassed all topics.......so I'd run for cover if I were you.  But I must agree with you, it just makes sense....I've seen the Mods move a few topics themselves to a more appropriate category.  It just makes for easier reading and finding a topic that someone might be interested in discussing. 

Sometimes I think people post in certain topics just to be able to discuss "taboo" subjects knowing the Mods dont frequent that category too much.........

I just now saw this thread.    I wanted to agree with your post, @Spurt, and those who understand the reason a forum has categories.    I think, in some cases, we have posters who aren't familiar with internet etiquette -- sometimes called "netiquette."   

It's more a matter of being thoughtful toward others to take a moment and find the sub-forum best-suited for a topic.   It also usually helps other posters interested in that topic to be more likely to see the thread and contribute to the discussion...  and later, when we're looking for conversations, we'd more easily find the thread if it had been posted in a logical sub-forum.

Of course, some topics could fit logically into more than one category and now that the guidelines don't permit duplicate threads -- or "cross-posting" as they call it -- it can be a challenge to pick the best location.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Carry on......

And it shall be so 😜

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Carry on......

What's interesting here is your criticizing someone for having the last word and then ending your post with "Carry on...."  Bwwwaahhhhaaaa

You're