Honored Contributor

Re: What's the point of having different forums?

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Some people here are notorious for posting OT in a forum just because their "friends" read and post in that forum the most. That is just very selfish  and inconsiderate of everyone else who goes to that forum legitmately to read the subject matter of that forum, and not some OT thread for a certain clique.

And some are notorious for posting very death, arrest, or negative happening of any type of any "celebrity" they can dredge up from page ten of Yahoo News.

Go figure.

@Moonchilde  Many posters post notices of deaths and other celebrity  info and news.   But you only pick on certain ones or should I say "one." that you dislike.   If you don't like the content of a thread, just skip it - there's an idea for 'ya.Smiley Tongue

Go figure.

What makes you think I don't skip them? Do you see me routinely posting in many of them? No, you don't.

ROTFLMAO  @Moonchilde  If you skip them why are you complaining about them?

@Spurt  See, she doesn't deny she only picks on me about them, when tons of people start those threads that people have died.  

Fascinating.

I never pointed you out, or referred to you by name.  Nor did I comment on what "you" post by name, nor did I comment on thread topics that you specifically start, using your name.

You are self-identifying as some sort of beleaguered "target" when you weren't mentioned at all.

Carry on.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I am definitely guilty of posting an O/T thread in Beauty, but I do it rarely and always label them.  I guess I just feel more comfortable there for some reason. I never thought of it as being "selfish" or "inconsiderate," but I guess if a forum was inundated with O/Ts, it would be annoying.

@suzyQ3  As if labeling it "OT" makes it OK to put it in the wrong forum? Uh, that would be a "no."

"Just skip a thread if you aren't interested."

Sound familiar? Anyway, I hate to break it to you, @Pearlee, but I pay attention only if a moderator takes exception with something I post.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I am definitely guilty of posting an O/T thread in Beauty, but I do it rarely and always label them.  I guess I just feel more comfortable there for some reason. I never thought of it as being "selfish" or "inconsiderate," but I guess if a forum was inundated with O/Ts, it would be annoying.

@suzyQ3  As if labeling it "OT" makes it OK to put it in the wrong forum? Uh, that would be a "no."

"Just skip a thread if you aren't interested."

Sound familiar? Anyway, I hate to break it to you, @Pearlee, but I pay attention only if a moderator takes exception with something I post.

@suzyQ3  Apparently your post responding to mine doesn't constitute paying attention then.  Whatever.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Some people here are notorious for posting OT in a forum just because their "friends" read and post in that forum the most. That is just very selfish  and inconsiderate of everyone else who goes to that forum legitmately to read the subject matter of that forum, and not some OT thread for a certain clique.

And some are notorious for posting very death, arrest, or negative happening of any type of any "celebrity" they can dredge up from page ten of Yahoo News.

Go figure.

@Moonchilde  Many posters post notices of deaths and other celebrity  info and news.   But you only pick on certain ones or should I say "one." that you dislike.   If you don't like the content of a thread, just skip it - there's an idea for 'ya.Smiley Tongue

Go figure.

@Pearlee @Moonchilde

I dont mind the celeb orbituaries....sometimes it leads to discussions of a favorite TV show or movie that the celeb starred in and its fun to relive fond memories.....

And Celeb News sometimes those are interesting, but if its a celeb Im not interested in then I usually skip the thread it!................

I skip the threads as well, @Spurt. People have been giving, within this thread, examples of topics that might perhaps better belong in other specific forums. I was adding my opinion as to what those topics might be; JMO. I skip many if not most topics I'm not interested in, as well as posters whom I know only post to pot-stir. The main reason I skip the obituaries/arrests/crimes threads is because I'm already aware of them; they all come up in the daily news I receive.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee I'm not quite understanding your post, what cliques? And to whom are you referring to? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Go figure.

Exactly @Moonchilde, that is what I'm talking about. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

I think everyone is grumpy today.  Seems trivial to be complaining like this.  Sorry, guys.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee I'm not quite understanding your post, what cliques? And to whom are you referring to? 

@JaneMarple  People post Off Topic threads in a forum, knowing they are doing so, and claim the justification for it is because that's the forum where their friends are.  So it's all OT to the forum because that's the particular forum where the poster's friends gather.  

I'll give you an example.  Let's say several of us in the LOGO forum have become cyber friends, which we have.  However, we all realize there are many who read the LOGO forum, some for the first time, who aren't friends with us - lots of  other people read it because it's supposed to be about LOGO fashions.   So the situation I've been talking about here is say, for example, I post a completely off-topic thread in the LOGO forum, just hypothetically my thread title  would say:  OT:  Does anyone know of a good cold rememdy?   It doesn't have anything to do with LOGO and I know that, but I want to post it "where my friends are" which is the excuse often given for an OT thread in a forum.  The few people I've become friends with there is what I'm referring to as a "clique" but it's very inconsiderate of those who come there to read about LOGO and the intent of this board to be divided into forums.

As for your other question, I'm not calling out the posters who do this by name.  I can think of someone  who habitually used to do this in the Fashion Forum and always gave the excuse that the off topic thread was justified because her friends were in that forum.  But she certainly isn't the only one .I really disliked it because I go to the Fashion Forum to read about fashions, not her personal stuff/issues/agenda because her friends were over there and she wanted to talk about other stuff with them.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Go figure.

Go figure.

What makes you think I don't skip them? Do you see me routinely posting in many of them? No, you don't.

ROTFLMAO  @Moonchilde  If you skip them why are you complaining about them?

@Spurt  See, she doesn't deny she only picks on me about them, when tons of people start those threads that people have died.  

Fascinating.

I never pointed you out, or referred to you by name.  Nor did I comment on what "you" post by name, nor did I comment on thread topics that you specifically start, using your name.

You are self-identifying as some sort of beleaguered "target" when you weren't mentioned at all.

Carry on.

ROTFLAMO again.  I"m not "self-identifying."  Your comments came on posts where you quoted my post.  You must have forgotten.   Thus it was obvious I was the intended target.  Or why quote my post.

Ugh, this is a waste of my time.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Go figure.

Exactly @Moonchilde, that is what I'm talking about. 

Huh?  What does posting celebrity news have to do with this if it's in the community forum where it belongs?  You people don't make sense.