Honored Contributor

CS told me today it would shipped today. It still hasn't been, of course it is early.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I noticed several of my orders shipped today and they originated out of Rocky Mount, NC so the warehouse must be okay and they are resuming shipping...I hope they ship your items soon!

Honored Contributor

Called CS today and was told they could tell me nothing more that what I was reading on my computer. I also tried cancelling and was not able to.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the hold-up

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 - Since about the beginning of the year, I've noticed that the Q is doing some weird things with their processing and shipping.

With regard to processing, I believe they've been having issues with vendors and timely shipments based on inventory counts, so I think they try to make customers stay excited about their purchases by immediately listing things as "In Process" the second the checkout phase is complete (with the exception of advance orders, of course.) This approach also helps to ensure that items truly are still available so you don't end up with the dreaded "Sold Out" message after you think you've bought something. And then, depending on whether your item comes from a Q warehouse or directly from the vendor, you may get moved to "Shipped" quite quickly if you're near the shipping location or quite slowly if you're farther away.

As for shipping, I am signed up for delivery alerts from UPS, FedEx, and USPS, and I will often get a notification from the courier that a QVC item is on its way to me before I get a notification from the Q. I think QVC might be waiting until a day or two after an item ships to send the alerts because it makes it seem like your item arrives more quickly.

Just my two-cents' worth . . . sending out positive karma for all of your items to arrive promptly and perfectly! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It was shipped last evening and I really appreciate the E-Mail telling me it might arrive later that the EDD. Thank you so much.