New Contributor

What's happening with customer service?

I get that there are shipping delays & can understand that, but why can they send an update ever 2 weeks until Dec, then an automated update to my email every week in Dec?
When I look on the QVC order status, it is ever changing with a shipping and delivery date and then all of a sudden something called an "advanced order" pops up. What in the world is that? Is it like a back order? If so, why not call it a back order? I ordered my gift item in early Nov and I have to live chat because I have end stage throat cancer ( no, I never smoked) and cannot talk. The agent told me it would be shipping " soon" and I ended the chat still not understanding why my order was labeled " advanced order" or what it meant or when or if it would be shipping before Christmas!
So I ordered something else just in case & sure enough, the day before Christmas, my original gift order was still in "advanced order" status. So I cancelled it.
The order I did send , unfortunately, did not fit my sister & she said there wasn't a label in the box to return for exchange. I live chatted with Brittany, who told me that even though the advertisement when I bought it was free return/exchange, it was void if the gift recipient was exchanging them & not me, the purchaser.
???. That doesn't seem right, but I moved forward with a solution & asked her if I could Pre-pay for the shipping so she won't have to pay for her own gift to be sent back (embarrassing for me) and she said no & didn't offer any other solutions to resolve. I asked to chat with a supervisor & she said they didn't do that but I could fill out a survey when finished, to which I did and never heard a peep from anyone at QVC. I just get emails every day wanting me to buy more products and that makes me even angrier at the callus customer treatment.
Then I had another gift order, early Dec that assured it was in stock & would be there before Christmas. Time goes by, then one week before Christmas, I get a notice that my order was cancelled. No explanation, just cancelled.
Ive always like QVC for their quality products, but now I don't trust them to deliver, keep me updated in the delivery process, or have fair customer service. Both are equally important & if I can't have those two , then I don't need to be shopping with QVC. Now, I have to explain all of this to my husband, who has no patience dealing with things like this so that he can call QVC on Monday to talk to a supervisor.
Honored Contributor

Re: What's happening with customer service?

@bama50 Just so you know supervisors never take calls from customers. Ever.

Honored Contributor

@bama50    Contact the moderators regarding your sister's order at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and include the order #.  The return label and invoice are usually part of the label on the outside of the box.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with your gift order and return process! As far as I understand it, advance order simply means they are taking orders before product is in stock. Manufacturer either creates or releases said items when they get the word from the Q. Hope that helps de-mystify this term. Heart

Super Contributor

@bama50  First of all let me say that I wish you strength and comfort as you deal with stage four cancer. How thoughtful to be ordering a gift for your sister and I agree, the Q should make this return easier for you. I've never requested an exchange for a gift recepient so I can't explain that process. However, if an order does not have a return/exchange form, getting a new return form is very easy. On the Q website you go to "order status", find the order (that you sent your sister), then choose"view order", then choose "print return label" and follow the prompts. The return label will include a section where you can check the appropriate box for type of exchange or method of refund requested. You could print this out and send it to your sister and she could then put the return label on the box and drop it off at the post office. She'll need to include the return slip in the box with the merchandise. When the Q receives the merchandise you'll be refunded minus the shipping charges. Holiday purchases can be returned up until 1/31/21. I hope this helps. 
Another option is to email the social team at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com. They're very helpful, much more helpful than customer service. Have your order number ready. Blessings to you and I hope QVC steps up.

Contributor

They may not take calls, but they sure do call you if you lodge a complaint about  CS rep. The guy was a do-do but he did call me at 9pm. Wasn't any help but I'll bet the CS rep I spoke to won't be calling people"stupid" anymore. 

Occasional Contributor

This is deplorable.  Customers do not have an opportunity to communicate verbally with Customer Service Leadership when your representative can't/won't resolve the issue?

Seems to me that Customer Care should at QVC needs either rebranded or retrained.  This is not how you take care of customers who's patronage pay your salaries.

Honored Contributor

rather than call, i have found the BEST customer service reps to deal with are by emailing qvcsocialteam@qvc.com OR by using facebook messenger and typing in "customer service" to reach a representative.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@royalcavaliers wrote:

This is deplorable.  Customers do not have an opportunity to communicate verbally with Customer Service Leadership when your representative can't/won't resolve the issue?

Seems to me that Customer Care should at QVC needs either rebranded or retrained.  This is not how you take care of customers who's patronage pay your salaries.

@royalcavaliers 

I was following your post on "broken promises" but couldn't determine if there was any resolution so far.  What I wanted to ask you was did QVC actually say they "PROMISE" to deliver by a certain date?   I've never heard that before unless something was being shipped super duper Priority Mail.

What struck me as odd was that there are many other things that can interfere with prompt deliveries in December.   Bad weather - hurricanes, floods, snow storms, etc can affect more than one delivery point, and it's been all over the internet that many delivery companies have driver shortages.   We've all lived through enough Decembers to know how many things can go wrong in the blink of an eye.

While QVC may assess that merchandise in their warehouse should get delivered in time, they are just retailers.  If the merchandise is in the vendor's warehouse, how can they control that?   QVC isn't in the delivery business.   That's another industry entirely.  

Occasional Contributor

@Tinkrbl44The sales rep said on air, "These are in stock and ready to ship immediately and will be deilivered before Christmas."

I disagree with you, QVC is in the delivery business.  If they collect a fee for delivery (doesn't matter if they waive that fee either), they have an obligation to ship and deliver, especially if that tactic is used as part of the sale.  Otherwise it is deceptive sales tactics.

Doesn't matter if it is in their warehouse or the vendor's warehouse.  If they verbally agree to specifics for delivery as a part of the sales contract, they are obligated to fulfill that part of the contract.  If they are unsure, they shouldn't make the promise.  Doesn't matter if they say "promise" or not, it is implied once it becomes part of the contract.

It is not the responsibility of the customer to determine when they should order.  The sales rep said what they said.  That becomes a verbal contract that obligates them.

As I mentioned in other posts, I agree that things happen.  What I don't agree with is the laisez faire attitude that customer "service" has when these things happen.  They flat out don't care.  QVC doesn't feel the need to provide information when they don't/can't fulfill their obligations.  The fact that so many "honored contributors" are suggsting that I chill out, just accept it, or live with things the way they are now is precisely why QVC gets away with this.  If you don't speak up and call them out, they take advantage of the situation.  Had they simply sent an email or text stating that they apologize that it wouldn't ship, I'd have been statified.  But, when a supervisor doesn't feel like they have that obligation based on the situation, that is deplorable.