Contributor

What's going on with prices?

Good grief QVC! Seriously? $53.00 for a Susan Graver top? Are you deliberately trying to drive away customers? Don't get me wrong. I do appreciate easy pay. But the bottom line is items are still overpriced. I have been a customer for 30 yrs. and as the prices have gone up, the volume of my purchases has gone down. Finding great values locally. I miss the value aspect of the old QVC

Respected Contributor

Re: What's going on with prices?

I haven't bought SG in YEARS!  Once the prices started creeping up I just can't justify the price for the quality.  I can find things at TJ Maxx just as cute and 1/2 to 1/3 the price.  Come to think of it, I haven't purchased any clothes on the Q for years. 

Honored Contributor

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any of her tops that went over the $50 mark.  However, today I just could not resist that chevron butterfly top.  Got the orange and can't wait to get it!  I love her stuff!!!!

Honored Contributor

SG was all I used to buy..... and I would pay the additional money if the quality of the fabric was still there (it isn't), the quality of the manufacturing was still there (it's no way as good) and the sizing was consistent (which it isn't).....  I'm blaming the manufacturing her company (or QVC) is choosing. ... cheap. 

I've sewn since Jr. High and can't believe what is passing off as fabrics today. Stiff and wrinkle prone polys, stiff and wrinkle prone faux suedes... thin, thin, THIN materials that used to be in the back of the Fabric stores for pennies on the dollar....  All of this is now considered the norm. Makes me nuts.

I would pay $100 a blouse Woman Surprised to get the quality and sizing assurances we used to have.  I know that's a lot.... but that's how strongly I feel. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

ITA.  I also was tempted by the butterfly top, but Ann Taylor or AT Loft, has so much better pricing on updated fashion tops (with their non-stop promotions).  I have a rewards Mastercard with them, so I just use my points here.  

@Krimpette  Enjoy your top.  If I would have caved on this, it would have been my first SG purchase ever!  I thought it would look adorable with white shorts or jeans! (I loved the green the best)

Honored Contributor

I agree that, with the added S&H and tax on top of that, the prices are higher most of the time than I want to pay.

If I see something I like, I simply put it in my wish list and watch the price.  If it goes down and I still want it, I buy it then.

I can't remember the last time I ordered something at full price.  There's nothing I want or need that much and often I can get nice things locally (where I can try them on for fit and style).  The return S&H now, along with no refund of the original S&H, has put a stop to most of my online shopping with the Q, unless I'm very sure of the brand's sizing.

Honored Contributor

C

@Venezia wrote:

I agree that, with the added S&H and tax on top of that, the prices are higher most of the time than I want to pay.

If I see something I like, I simply put it in my wish list and watch the price.  If it goes down and I still want it, I buy it then.

I can't remember the last time I ordered something at full price.  There's nothing I want or need that much and often I can get nice things locally (where I can try them on for fit and style).  The return S&H now, along with no refund of the original S&H, has put a stop to most of my online shopping with the Q, unless I'm very sure of the brand's sizing.

Couldn't agree more!  While pricing in b&m stores IS comparable to SG, they always have sales.  I also put items in my wish list and wait for the price to change which rarely happens.  Items in my wish list have been there for YEARS and no price adjustments have been made.  QVC's warehouse must be huge to keep all that stuff so long!!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, all her pants now are 50 and over. Cheaper at Dillards no shp.

QVC, is really not for the budget conscious sect.  I have my own limits on what I'll spend on stuff, so, if I think such and such is to pricey I won't buy it.  I can afford it, but, I don't believe in 300-500 handbags, shoes , etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not like the prices of SG's clothes nor Liquid Knit. That said, I originally bought that chevron top in navy in June, 2014. Cost per wear was low. Nothing else like it anywhere that i have seen. Re-purchased the same top today in my present size, two sizes smaller now. This top has sold out on two previous occasions. They raised the price because they can. Looks like demand for this top is still strong.

Super Contributor

I used to purchase SG clothes awhile back when they were affordable.

Now the prices have gotten way too high for my budget.  What ever happened to the V in value?