Highlighted
New Contributor

What is wrong with Customer Service?

My credit card was hacked; I cancelled it and called QVC to give them a back-up card number and explain the situation.

I received an email from them two days later saying my easy pays were past due.

I called again; the matter was resolved [allegedly] and they saw that the new credit card had been added previously.

I again received an email saying my easy pays were overdue.  I called AGAIN and not only approved the payments but also added my replacement card number since the new credit card had been sent to me since the hack situation.  I was told the matter was resolved [not].

I tried to order a gift for a friend; my account was locked.  I AGAIN called and asked to speak with a supervisor.  I was told I would receive a call within four [4] hours.  NO call was received.

I called again the following day and requested to speak with a supervisor [again NO call came]

I opened a Chat today and AGAIN requested a call from a supervisor [my account is still locked].  I am in my third 4-hour wait for a call from a Supervisor.

I have been a QVC customer for years and I have to say that this is the worst Customer Service experience I have ever had.

Are they experiencing cut-backs?

Respected Contributor

Re: What is wrong with Customer Service?

When your credit card was hacked, was QVC one of the vendors that had the false charges and they will now be taking a loss?  If so, I can see where they may have locked down your account.  I would think it would be easy enough to confirm, if the "ship to" address was updated or different then your address.  

If your card was hacked and purchases were made and shipped to your address, they probably have investigating to do.

If not, then not sure why there would be any issues, since you should be able to update to another credit card at any time.

If QVC is going to take a loss due to fraudulent charges, I'm sure they are very cautious in future purchases, although you should be getting a call back to try to resolve this problem of future ordering.

Are you able to close the old account completely and open a new one with a new card?  If not, I wouldn't buy from QVC for a couple of months and let the process complete before attempting to make another purchase.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@LeslieinFlorida4 

Send an email to the Moderators detailing your situation to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

If anyone can straighten this out for you, it's this team and they respond very quickly!

Best of luck for a happy resolution!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

@LeslieinFlorida4 wrote:

My credit card was hacked; I cancelled it and called QVC to give them a back-up card number and explain the situation.

I received an email from them two days later saying my easy pays were past due.

I called again; the matter was resolved [allegedly] and they saw that the new credit card had been added previously.

I again received an email saying my easy pays were overdue.  I called AGAIN and not only approved the payments but also added my replacement card number since the new credit card had been sent to me since the hack situation.  I was told the matter was resolved [not].

I tried to order a gift for a friend; my account was locked.  I AGAIN called and asked to speak with a supervisor.  I was told I would receive a call within four [4] hours.  NO call was received.

I called again the following day and requested to speak with a supervisor [again NO call came]

I opened a Chat today and AGAIN requested a call from a supervisor [my account is still locked].  I am in my third 4-hour wait for a call from a Supervisor.

I have been a QVC customer for years and I have to say that this is the worst Customer Service experience I have ever had.

Are they experiencing cut-backs?

@LeslieinFlorida4  I am sorry you've had such a difficult time with the account, I will take a look and see if we can reset access, I will follow up by email. 

My apologies again for the frustration,

Susan

Respected Contributor

Whenever I have had any problem I've gone to   QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.    and within the hour the problem was gonzo! Wonderful CS there. The only way to fix things fast. SocialTeam ROCKS! Always try them first. Thank you ST!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO the problem here is that the OP was told someone would call her back within 4 hours and no one ever did.  Unacceptable!

Honored Contributor

We hear this over and over about QVC, but I think it's unprofessional, disrespectful and rude for a corporation to fail to return phone calls after a customer is told someone will call them.  This should never be a practice in the business world and isn't with companies who value their customers. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's great that the Social Team can step in and assist people here.  I just wonder about all the people that call customer service expecting to get a resolution to their issue.  What about them? 

Posting here shouldn't be required to get a problem solved.  All of Customer Service should be able to help every customer with their issue in a timely fashion. 

For a company as large as QVC to have a Customer Service team not equipped to handle this is really unfortunate.  It's hurting their business.

Super Contributor

So

Super Contributor

sorry about the response but I am having computer problems for some reason. Customer Service sometime can't fix those matters you have to get in touch with the accounting department to get it corrected. I know it may seem strange but some of you say it is unacceptable for a big corporation to not return calls,well try dealing with the IRS they keep you on hold for hours and they don't apologize for it either. I have experience where they just hang up in the middle of conversation, but some auditors ask you for a phone number to call you back. If QVC is like many other companies they have call centers and it is hard to call hundreds of people back during this pandemic. Everyone is experiencing this same thing. I am glad that a lot of posters on here is kind enough to help with resolving your problem by giving you the social team contact.