Super Contributor

I had an order that did not ship. After over two weeks I called CS because I had no option to cancel the order myself. The CS rep told me that there was a problem with the warehouse and they had not been able to ship it. She could not tell me when it would ship so I told her to cancel the order. She tells me that she cannot cancel the order but would send the warehouse (the same one that was unable to ship an item after over two weeks) a message to see if THEY would cancel it! Since when can't Customer Service cancel an order?! This was not a waitlist order. It was their mistake. Then a few days later I find that they had shipped the item!!

I don't know who is running the warehouses and Customer Service but they have a great big mess on their hands. I am not dealing with a place that once called itself Quality,Value and Service. They do not have a quality assurance department! Everything comes to them shipped from the other side of the world. Once they have an order of thousands of products in their possession they are not sending it back to the other side of the world. When this business started it was basically an American business. Now it is a big international corporation. Goody Bye quality, value, and service.

One of the few items that they once sold that was made in America they cancelled due to political ideology rather than actual quality issues. Shameful.

Honored Contributor

@ellietoo 

Since when can't CS cancel?

Since almost forever!!!

Once an order is Preparing or in Process....the majority of the time it can NOT be cancelled.

Not even the moderators can cancel.

We should all be VERY careful NOT to order something we can't OR don't want to wait for.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Keep it.  If you have a valid cancellation from the vendor, it's their mistake, not yours.

NO @Sweetbay magnolia 

Don't keep it and think it is a freebie.  I consider that theft.

You can try to cancel an order, but there are NO guarantees once it is in prep or process as I said before.  It is not QVC's mistake that we have changed our mind or don't want to wait any longer.

IF you do sucessfully cancel and receive it anyways....contact the mods to note the order.

Use the label, schedule a free USPS pickup and get a full refund.

But you shouldn't think it is free....unethical!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is going on??

[ Edited ]

FTC guidelines.  Unethical?  What about the seller that sent me something I said I no longer wanted and they agreed to cancel?

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

Re: What is going on??

[ Edited ]

I Just wanted to add an update to my order that was supposed to be cancelled. This morning checked my orders. The shoes that I was told would be cancelled have been shipped.  Not only have they been shipped, they are sitting at my local post office..

No notice that they were shipped. no tracking nothing. Until this moring

Already contacted Customer service. James was pleasant Not his fault but all he could tell me was he would note it and for me to send them back and I would not be charged a return fee.

I did say to him. it seems that there is no communication between QVC and the warehouse

"I have some shoes right now that have been in Attempting to cancel since the 9th. Order say's it arrives by the 28th of October. I think that's plenty of time to cancel But it's stuck I guess."

Trusted Contributor

This has happened to me many times! I am so tired of having to drive to UPS to return items I did not order!  I am tempted on just trashing them,

@BCreative5 wrote:

@Pecky Not only have I had that happen to me more times than I can count (now I take a screen shot of the confirmation that it has been canceled) I take screenshots of my Order Status. I can't tell you how many times I have received orders that are not mine, & just yesterday I received 3 of the same boots which I Never Ordered! They weren't even my style or size & Yes I was billed for all 3!!! I have been a customer for over 20yrs & have never seen anything like this.

@BCreative5 wrote:

@Pecky Not only have I had that happen to me more times than I can count (now I take a screen shot of the confirmation that it has been canceled) I take screenshots of my Order Status. I can't tell you how many times I have received orders that are not mine, & just yesterday I received 3 of the same boots which I Never Ordered! They weren't even my style or size & Yes I was billed for all 3!!! I have been a customer for over 20yrs & have never seen anything like this.

Contributor

Hi @Pecky,

CS is mostly very nice & apoplogetic about it & assures me that I won't get charged to return the items. But it's the extra work I don't appreciate! I can't tell you how many times I've received items for other people. I've gotten to the point, where if they are in my area, I just drop it off at their house. I'm in the midwest & have received items for folks on the east coast & west coast!? CS has me just send it back to them... again, more work! 

What really gets me mad, is when I'm calling about an item that never arrived... & I happen to get a snotty CS person who Insists that I must be mistaken because this just "doesn't happen"!! HA!! I just tell them about the other orders that have just "shown up" for other people & they promptly refund me my money! 

The craziness I've shared above has been from this year alone! Previosly it happened every once in a great while, but not like this. After my Christmas Returns, I'm going to use QVC "sparingly" if at all.