Trusted Contributor

I see that some things I ordered say they're coming from Fedex Smart Post.  What is that?   I've never had anything shipped to me this way - only from USPS or UPS.  Any help is appreciated.   Does this mean it might take longer for my packages to get to me?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is Fedex Smart Post?

FedEx SmartPost is a shipping service that utilizes the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS) for final delivery. 

Fedex Smartpost is about the cheapest way for companies to ship these days. Fedex Ground picks up the package and then transports it to the nearest (to you) USPS sort facility. The USPS then makes the final delivery to you. Should be 1 or 2 days after you see a delivered to USPS scan.

QVC Customer Care

@newjersey Fedex Smart Post utilizes the US Postal service to make the final delivery.,

QVC Customer Care

@elated Thanks - you beat me to it..lol  Smiley Happy  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you both for the replies.

Regular Contributor

yes it is so QVC can charge us for he shipping that thy realy do not pay for

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's when you see the FedEx truck go by your house to take it to the post office up the street so you have to wait for them to sort it then load it all over again so it's 2 more days! 

Honored Contributor

I receive my smart post packages the same day they arrive at my local post office.  FedEx drops off 4-5am, it's out for delivery at 8am.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the travelling pants which were able to see the USA thanks to Fedex Smart Post.  Now, I have some dresses which according to the tracking have be in PA, WV, IL, OK, AZ and finally a city CA which about 1hr from my home only spend about 2 more days before it reaches my post office.

Shoes were ordered the same day are coming via UPS and will probably be here tomorrow.

Go figure.

Trusted Contributor

Me, too. I've had Smart Post make it to my city, then given to the post office hub, then the actual post office who sent it out to the other side of the state, then back, then again to the other side but different city, and then i  finally I got it! That was a Zoya nailpolish order and after that have just bought at my local ulta after that!

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I had the travelling pants which were able to see the USA thanks to Fedex Smart Post.  Now, I have some dresses which according to the tracking have be in PA, WV, IL, OK, AZ and finally a city CA which about 1hr from my home only spend about 2 more days before it reaches my post office.

Shoes were ordered the same day are coming via UPS and will probably be here tomorrow.

Go figure.