What is 'Delivery Exception' From FedEx?

My ordxer was supposed to be delivered today.  Suddenly I checked the tracking and it says Delivery Exception.  Will FedEx ever deliver this or what?  I have wasted all day waiting for this and have no intention of wasting any more time if they won't actually deliver anything to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is 'Delivery Exception' From FedEx?

@JohnRB - I think it means deliveries are interupted due to bad weather, etc. Are you having any bad weather, bad storms? If your package has to travel through one of the FedEx hubs that is experiencing say a bad storm, your package might be delayed.

I get those messages a lot from UPS. I hope my note made sense, lol. Go to the FedEx site and track your package - you can also check off boxes for notifications.

QVC Customer Care

@JohnRB 

I apologize for the delay in your order. It is at the FedEx depot but should be delivered this weekend.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@JohnRB wrote:

My ordxer was supposed to be delivered today.  Suddenly I checked the tracking and it says Delivery Exception.  Will FedEx ever deliver this or what?  I have wasted all day waiting for this and have no intention of wasting any more time if they won't actually deliver anything to me.

I'm still waiting for a FedEx delivery today too. for some reason FedEx doesn't want to deliver to me anymore. The last 3 deliveries never hapened..........

Whats up with that???

Honored Contributor

It means we're going to deliver everyone's package except yours. 

Frequent Contributor

I received an email that Fedex was unable to deliver my package due to unfortunate circumstances.  I was home, the weather is beautiful.  Instead, it was delivered to my post office.  I just think some drivers are just plain lazy.  I only live 1 1/2 miles from my town and live along the highway.  He was probably going right by our house anyway.  Ridiculous!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JohnRB wrote:

@JohnRB  As someone who has shipped and received FedEx every day at my office for the past 10 years, I can tell you that FedEx will usually continue to try to deliver your item for three times until they turn it back. You can click on the tracking to find out what happened. If they couldn't find your address, you can call 1-800GoFedEx and talk to a real person to straighten it out. If your item requires a signature, they will need an adult to be home to sign for it. I can count on my fingers the number of times FedEx has let me down. Of course, Christmas is crazy, and they have temporary help working, so there can be some problems. Sometimes you get a dud for a driver.

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of delivery exceptions during the holiday season because of an overwhelming amount of packages to be delivered. 

Honored Contributor

UPS is out delivering right now in my neighborhood.  amazon delivered here the other night at 9:30 pm

Just received a gift of Kansas city steaks, 2 QVC boxes and 2 Macy's boxes...

These guys are working overtime for sure making us happy shoppers!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't usually have a complaint about delivery companies, but I am so over Fed Ex! I don't know that they have EVER gotten a package to me without a problem.

I live in the country. I do have a long driveway, BUT my mailbox is clearly marked with my address AND my husband put a delivery box just as you turn into the driveway, also marked with our address & marked UPS/FEDEX.

The packages get delivered to neighbors up & down the road & across the road. 

I know that delivery jobs are hard jobs, but finding an address is not that hard. Odds on one side of the road. Even on the other side.

I am odd. At least give it to an odd neighbor.

My latest package had a gift for yesterday. I ordered it on Nov 30th. Fed Ex didn't mark the package as in their system until Dec 11th. Ok. We are still good.

Finally Dec 18th they marked it as delivered. I didn't get it. My husband went to the 3 close neighbors. They didn't have it. 

Someone put it into my mailbox this morning. Dec 20th.

Dude!