Occasional Contributor

What in the world does this mean? It just popped up

I wanted to order a pair of jeans.  I clicked checkout and this popped up.

What is going on?  I ordered a couple of things this morning and the order went through.  I am trying to order a pair of jeans, from women in control

Unable to Ship

Unfortunately, this item cannot be sent to the requested Ship-To address. This may be due to a shipping restriction or lack of service at that address. Please enter an alternate ship-to delivery address or remove the item from the shopping cart. You may also contact Customer Service or QVC Live Help, and a representative could provide more details or alternatives.

Honored Contributor

Re: What in the world does this mean? It just popped up

@Paddy.  Are you in California?   There are states with restrictions on the substances in some products.  Ca. Has the most.  QVC is forbidden by law from shipping these items to these ststes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Paddy I'm sorry to inform you and other customers from California that until the vendors provide full disclosure of their products due to the new Prop65 Law, many items we carry cannot be shipped to California at this time. Information on the California Proposition 65 warning and the chemicals requiring such a warning are available at this official website: www.p65warnings.ca.gov.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Kachina, Yes I am in California.  Does that mean something is in the material of the pants that they can't ship here?  Geez, I have never heard of that before.  Nuts, I really wanted those pants too.  Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it.

Occasional Contributor

Anjalena, thank you for letting me know.  I have never experienced this before..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish my state were as conscientious as California...so much of the clothing that I have received from qvc is saturated with poisonous substances..I would like to be informed in advance about those items not considered safe in California!!!

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

I wish my state were as conscientious as California...so much of the clothing that I have received from qvc is saturated with poisonous substances..I would like to be informed in advance about those items not considered safe in California!!!

Have they made you ill?

Frequent Contributor

While I really do understand the frustration involved with this situation, I agree that it's a good thing that items with dangerous, poisonous chemicals can't make their way into our homes and onto our bodies.  Hopefully this will prompt the manufactures to do away with whatever practice they're using that employs these substances.  Over the years I've received clothing that smelled so strongly of "something" that I had to wash it first or hang it outside to air out.  At the time I thought that was just an inconvenince; it never occurred to me that the odor was dangerous.

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

Have they made you ill?

At times, yes...the long term effects are even more frightening...environmental damage is another consideration

Respected Contributor

Please read what Anjalena from Q Customer Care said.

Until the vendor proves/clears their product it cannot be shipped.

This doesn't mean that the garment is full of chemicals, it just states

that the vendor needs to provide the paperwork for the Q so the item can be shipped.  

Now if the vendor cannot provide the paperwork, that's another story but it sounds like that brand is "on hold" pending paperwork.