Valued Contributor

What constitutes "electronics"

The Home Page says that all electronics ship free. When I investigated this, it appears as if this includes televisions, computers, Bose and things like this. It does not include toaster ovens, blenders, coffee makers, or any kitchen electronics. 

Why not? These are all things that run on electricity, and are technicallhy electronics, and some weigh a lot less than televisions!

I would have bought a Ninja item today right away if there had been free shipping!

Can someone explain the distinction?

Honored Contributor

Re: What constitutes "electronics"

@cotto22 The distinction is that they are in different sections in the big box stores, so that makes it official.  

And no, I don't consider a toaster electronics. . . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never known the word Electronics to mean everything that uses electricity. In all the years I have been going to the Electronics section of a store or on QVC, it has meant TVs, radios, DVD players, computers, etc.

If you go by your definition of anything that uses electricity, then that could include lamps, shaver, Christmas lights, vehicles, etc. 

Honored Contributor

One caveat:  IF the toaster sends you messages that the toast is done, or calls to ask how dark you want the toast, then it would be problematic.  .  . Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

One caveat:  IF the toaster sends you messages that the toast is done, or calls to ask how dark you want the toast, then it would be problematic.  .  . Woman Frustrated

@SoonerIf that happened with my toaster, then I would definitely consider it to be an electronic! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Kitchen 'appliances' are different than 'electronics', go in to any store or on any website, to the electronics dept. and you'll see TVs, computers, phones, tablets, etc.

Go to the 'Appliances' dept. and you see all of the kitchen items you mentioned.

Just because the appliances may have an electronic component to them doesn't make them classified as 'Electronics'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Along the same lines, fashion shows frequently pitch skin care, make up , hair care.  Really, there are plenty of segments of beauty products.  I wish they would not feature them on fashion hours.

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

Kitchen appliances are "electrics", not electronic.  They are not controlled by a microchip, just by electrical current.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you scroll down it will show you all the items that qualify.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler

Kitchen appliances are "electrics", not electronic.  They are not controlled by a microchip, just by electrical current.

Sometimes appliances are controlled by chips and some are called 'smart'. So it begs the question:  Where do you draw the line between electronic and smart?  hmmm. If something contains a circuit board then it would be considered a piece of electronics and should be treated as e-waste. That makes sense to me but obviously not to everyone else, for instance Qvc.