Valued Contributor

What can I do about fraud in a QVC warehouse?

I just unexpectedly received an item sent by QVC and marked as not sold by this store.

It's a little piece of metal shaped like an anchor. I've never seen it before.

When I rang QVC, they said I attempted to return a $308 Adi Paz pendant but sent them this metal thing instead! I did return the Adi Paz pendant but that isn't what they say they've received.

Someone at QVC has kept my return for themselves and switched it for this metal thing. Customer Services don't seem to believe it wasn't me. I just can't believe it. They can see my account, they can see this is ridiculously out of character for me.

So I'm just supposed to accept this $308 dollar loss ($334 with shipping etc)

I've bought a pendant for some thief and that's that? I'm really shocked they don't believe me. I can't believe my integrity has been questioned like this when they can see my account.

I don't know what to do.

What can I do?

Frequent Contributor

Re: What can I do about fraud in a QVC warehouse?

Call corporate office ,I had issues and coulnt get it resolved with customer service,then i called corporate they took care of it !

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that you should call corporate.They will report it to their fraud department who will launch an investigation. Good luck!!

Respected Contributor

Wow....how awful.  I would contact a supervisor and tell them you are not paying for it.  Then I would contact my credit card company and explain, as well.  It’s basically a warehouse person’s word against yours....don’t see how they can prove anything.

i am curious as to what others would do.  

Honored Contributor

I bet qvc has cameras in the warehouses..they should be able to see what happened with your return.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@Pagan  I'm so sorry. I reviewed your account and I see the representative you spoke to submitted a request to have your return researched further. Was this information provided to you by the representative?

Respected Contributor

Your package could have been opened & the switch made in the mailing process...a postal worker, UPS, lots of hands touch packages so it's possible that no one working at QVC committed fraud. Good luck @Pagan .

Honored Contributor

I believe QVC tracks people who return a lot of merchandise and they know your habits. If you are a good customer who pays your bills on time and does not return more than you buy, I have a feeling they will swallow the few hundred dollars to keep your business. I would not stop payment on the merchandise, it could ruin your credit. Let the Q handle it.

Respected Contributor

Not sure what method you returned the item, but it should have been insured.  Have you filed a claim?  I'm sure you are a very honest person, but understand there are many who aren't.  I can't blame the Q for being suspicious, but I think CS should have opened an investigation.  Did you pay with a credit card that isn't a Q card?  You need to dispute the charge immediately.  I wish you the best of luck.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered three one hundred dollar gift cards from Target.com and they were delivered by UPS.

I was home when it was delivered so package was handed to me. When I opened up the package, there was only the cardboard backings inside, the cards were taken ripped right off.

So at some point, someone in the Target packing department helped themselved to my gift cards.

This stuff does happen.