Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Continuous Problem of Signing In?

I'm back to chiime in again on this ongoing problem. I started a thread addressed to the Moderators here about my sign-on problem. Been having problems signing into the forums here but not on the home page to potentially shop, spend my money here.

Every time I'd attempt to sign in here it booted me back to the home page. I did get a response from a Mod on duty (this was Thursday or Friday) who said they did some maintenance and that the problem should be fixed.

Well guess what - problems again to sign in here at the forums just now. After three tries I obviously got in.

Maintenance? I do not think so. And now I see - or read that many of us here are going through this still. 

I do not have any problems anywhere else to sign on or into any other place, company, forum, any other shopping site, nowhere. so to say it's from doing maintenance here, I am not buying it.

First of all, so many of have complained about how ridiculous it is that we not only have to sign in to even do shopping here, spend our money but then to come here and HAVE TO SIGN IN AGAIN is ludicrous. Why??? Why do we HAVE to sign in again? We've signed in once, that is more than enough here.

Figure this out QVC IT Tekkies. Figure this out and re-write your sign-in program so that once we're in WE ARE IN. Figure this out, we are tired of this. 

Lose us and you've lost us forever - NO shopping, NO spending our money here, NO fun at the forums. And if we are not her, YOU will not be either.

Honored Contributor

I sure hear you on this @Meowingkitty  Ms Kitty. I have been 

PINKDOGWOOD here forever. Everyone knows me as this. Now I've been forced to change my name OR figure out how to keep it yet change the combo of letters just to be able to sign in to chat here.

I am still Pink Dogwood in some form of spelling it.

Hey Q IT'ers - leave us alone, let us be who we are. Quit jacking up our ability to sign in and STOP FORCING us to change ourselves just to BE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Yes....a continual problem and I also continually get rebooted to the home shopping page.  I'm sure, in time, a resolution will be found.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 said that Quarte reported that IT is located in Poland.  Whatever would be the reason for that!  Don't we have IT in USA.  Sounds like a bad deal for the customers.  I don't like that idea. Now I wonder even more about the security of this website.  If they had to go all the way to Poland, sounds like it is being selected on the cheap.  They sure aren't going a good job.  Every time there is a post on website issues, I post they need to change their IT company.  Now I really believe a change needs to be made.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't been able to sign in for four days. Even when they asked me to change my nic,it still wouldn't let me in. So I tried changing my nic just now and I finally got in! Yay! I just added the number 2 to my former name. Very frustrating!  But if it was all for security I'm okay with that. They really should have sent some kind of notice or warning.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I'm back to chiime in again on this ongoing problem. I started a thread addressed to the Moderators here about my sign-on problem. Been having problems signing into the forums here but not on the home page to potentially shop, spend my money here.

Every time I'd attempt to sign in here it booted me back to the home page. I did get a response from a Mod on duty (this was Thursday or Friday) who said they did some maintenance and that the problem should be fixed.

Well guess what - problems again to sign in here at the forums just now. After three tries I obviously got in.

Maintenance? I do not think so. And now I see - or read that many of us here are going through this still. 

I do not have any problems anywhere else to sign on or into any other place, company, forum, any other shopping site, nowhere. so to say it's from doing maintenance here, I am not buying it.

First of all, so many of have complained about how ridiculous it is that we not only have to sign in to even do shopping here, spend our money but then to come here and HAVE TO SIGN IN AGAIN is ludicrous. Why??? Why do we HAVE to sign in again? We've signed in once, that is more than enough here.

Figure this out QVC IT Tekkies. Figure this out and re-write your sign-in program so that once we're in WE ARE IN. Figure this out, we are tired of this. 

Lose us and you've lost us forever - NO shopping, NO spending our money here, NO fun at the forums. And if we are not her, YOU will not be either.

Same here.  I can sign in to buy, but every time I try to sign in to the forums, it takes me to the main Q page.  Took me 3 tries to get in here.

I also think it is inefficient (and aggravating) to require separate sign-ins to purchase and to participate in the forums.

Edit:  Just realized my sign-in name changed!  "Mnmom" is the name I use to give reviews.  Oh boy.  Here, I should be "this is my nickname," which I realize is dumb, but way back when,  I was so irritated when  I was forced to come up with a new nickname.  lol 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tell me about it.

This morning I couldn't get in.  Deleted my browsing history, shut down the computer.  Nothing.  Kept trying different things.  My password kept taking me to QVC's home page.  

Password worked fine yesterday.  

Contacted the Social Team to see if it was widespread.  Decided to keep trying in the meantime until I received a reply.  Changed my password and it worked.

Puzzling because my previous password continued to work on QVC shopping.  

Are shopping and the Forum on different servers that for some reason stop talking to each other? 

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Kachina624 said that Quarte reported that IT is located in Poland.  Whatever would be the reason for that!  Don't we have IT in USA.  Sounds like a bad deal for the customers.  I don't like that idea. Now I wonder even more about the security of this website.  If they had to go all the way to Poland, sounds like it is being selected on the cheap.  They sure aren't going a good job.  Every time there is a post on website issues, I post they need to change their IT company.  Now I really believe a change needs to be made.

@KathyM23 

That IS the reason all American companies go overseas.  They have no qualms about laying off Americans in exchange for low wage, lower skilled, foreign workers.  Poland is much, much better than other countries, but I must question their IT capability.  American workers have always been better trained, the best in the world...Germany, too.  

QVC reported in 2016, they would save $11-12 million by moving to Poland.  They wanted to "consolidate" QVC  and thought it better in other countries, so moved IT to Poland.  If they can consolidate all the countries in Poland, they can consolidate them in the U.S.  This eye rolling spin is nauseating.  

They can't even keep the shopping site working.  Why at times do reviews and size charts not show up?  At times, I can't access my wishlist.  What's with their counter that adds up 50 more items on my wishlist than I count?  At times, I have seen a page 2 and 3 with nothing there.  

Now, I must question the number of items sold and in stock.  Why, at times, do all sizes and colors appear the next day after something sold out.  Yes, I have seen that.  Don't ask me to believe they received a reorder overnight and posted it online by early morning the next day.  

Maybe, the backorder, in process, backorder, in process, is a computer glitch?

Today, I noticed the Valerie Christmas tree I ordered was cancelled, but showed it was in stock.  Imagine my surprise when I didn't cancel any of my advance orders.  I reordered it and it went through.  Evidently, we must check our orders every hour.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I try to sign into the forums only it won't let me.  It sends me to the main "home page" for shopping.  I enter my credentials there.  I get the Welcome, ------!  OK, I'm now logged onto QVC's shopping site.

I scroll down to the bottom to try to come to the forum section I get the main home page log on screen with user name "pre-populated." (from my first log in to the homepage).   I again enter my password to enter the forums and voila I'm in the forums.

I'm just not going to worry about not getting to the forums the old way until they fix it.  At least I'm still here, but just with a couple of extra steps.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I have had problems signing on to the forums on my office computer, my home computer, and my Iphone.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Frustrating.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead