Esteemed Contributor

What Is The Continuous Problem of Signing In?

More than once a day, I have to close down my computer, then go to settings and delete all browsing history (by this point, I have no browsing history) in order to sign in.  If the IT staff is not competent, it is time for new staff as this is totally unacceptable.  Am I the only one who is having this type of difficulty?

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is The Continuous Problem of Signing In?

No, you aren't the only one!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your frustration is shared by a number of posters.😊 There are several threads dedicated to the subject. If it was done as a security update as someone suggested, I think it is worth it until they sweep out the cobwebs. I read that even the Moderators were affected by the log-in issues.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

I started having this problem a couple days ago but it's much worse now. It's so maddening.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl  To answer your question.... Nobody knows what the problem is.  It is interesting to note that, based on the comments of the Qurate CEO, it seems Q's IT department is located in Poland. I doubt even they don't know what the problem is. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

More than once a day, I have to close down my computer, then go to settings and delete all browsing history (by this point, I have no browsing history) in order to sign in.  If the IT staff is not competent, it is time for new staff as this is totally unacceptable.  Am I the only one who is having this type of difficulty?

@SXMGirlset your browser to clear cookies and site data when you close the browser.  That might help.  Close the browser and relaunch with the new settings.  You can also set your browser to never remember your history.  I use Mozilla Firefox.  When I use Edge it freezes too much for me.

I don't use Chrome at all.  Nothing from that Company is on my computer willingly.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I've been having issues for a couple months or so.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I've cleared history, cache, cookies and even tried different browsers and it happens to me too. I'm getting angry. Q told me they haven't had a security breach. Well, it may not have happened on their systems but their error could allow it to happen on customers' systems.

Esteemed Contributor

It is a present problem.  I find it a minor thing, though, and am happy to have this forum as a place to chat.

Likely it will be ironed out.  It may never be "the best" system but I can live with that.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep changing my nickname. First I was meowingkitty. Then I'm Meowingkitty, then it's MeowingKitty, now I'm back to meowingkitty.I just add a capital letter and it seems to work. Stupid I know.