Super Contributor

What Is FedEx Home Delivery? Do You Have To Sign?

Hi,
I have an order coming via FedEx Home Delivery, never had that before, normally it's UPS or USPS - How does this work? Does it come quicker and do you have to sign for it? Thanks so much for any help!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is FedEx Home Delivery? Do You Have To Sign?

[ Edited ]

You don't have to sign unless it's liquor - must be over State's age...18 - 21.

FED X works like the others - - throws it on your porch!  LOL

Faster?   maybe - maybe not

Honored Contributor

No signature needed. Driver will leave your package at the front door like UPS does.   

It should arrive sooner than USPS; although, on time delivery is iffy with FedEX and UPS at this time.  

Esteemed Contributor

To add to my previous - now if it's expensive jewelry you are expecting.... and the company you bought it from........wants proof of delivery....then yes, you have to sign for package.

It all depends on the company you ordered from.   

Sorry I missed this one earlier.

Super Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

To add to my previous - now if it's expensive jewelry you are expecting.... and the company you bought it from........wants proof of delivery....then yes, you have to sign for package.

It all depends on the company you ordered from.   

Sorry I missed this one earlier.

Thanks so much - actually it's the Halo TSV from the other day, now I'm wondering if I'll need to sign - would be nice if the Social Team would reply so I know for sure, ugh.

Respected Contributor

I bought a heavy sewing machine on line that was delivered by FedEx.  I was notified that I would have to sign for it.  So I stayed home all day waiting.  Late in the afternoon I went out on the back side of my house and the guy had just dumped the box on the grass off the sidewalk onto my property.  No notification, no signature.   So I had to get that big heavy box through a gate and into the house by myself.  

Respected Contributor

@DooneyGal2 

did you get your package???

Super Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@DooneyGal2 

did you get your package???

Sadly and frustratingly no ugh. Not sure WTH is actually going on, the shipping status on FedEx and QVC seems to be in limbo, hasn't even shipped yet.

If it was an Advance Order, I wasn't aware of it - wish I knew!